Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Plano, Texas
PURPOSE OF JOB
We are seeking a Senior level Capacity Planning Engineer for either our San Antonio or Plano campus.
Provides capacity management and influences decisions supporting capacity requirements. Provides technical direction within team and across the Operations department. Assist peers and mentor junior team members through the application and sharing of technical knowledge, guidance and direction. Synthesizes analyses, identifies root causes, and develops and recommends key work products. Serves as a mentor to peers and team members for assigned area of responsibility. Assembles key participants and guides and facilitates teams in the development and implementation of key initiatives. Provides insight to management on issues. Delivers technical solutions for operating and hosting systems. May lead complex evaluation, development, implementation, integration and administration of internal and external business solutions that meet customer needs. Ensures that the IT infrastructure meets current and future demands in a cost-effective manner through forecasting, oversight, and governance. Participates in the analysis, modeling of server and database performance data on variety of information technology platforms.
* Independently build, maintain, and monitors capacity forecast models for a wide range of operational domains
* Captures business demands and translate the demand into system models to determine and plan resource needs
* Works with application, engineering, operation teams to address capacity issues
* Acquires and applies broad knowledge of the business, it s products, and processes
* Technical subject matter expert providing support and solving complex Capacity Planning modeling/analysis/reporting problems independently
* Advises Management and influence decisions for business initiatives regarding capacity
* Utilizes troubleshooting techniques to determine problem root cause and apply knowledge of operational infrastructure to determine business impact
* Performs proactive analysis to ensure adequate capacity is available
* Serves as a resource to less experienced team members on escalated issues of a routine nature
* Bachelor's degree or 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree
* 6+ years of relevant business support and/or general information technology support experience
* Prior systems administration and/or systems programming work experience
* Proficient knowledge of Database, Websphere, Unix, Windows Server, Desktop OS internals or Mainframe domains
* Prior Capacity Planning work experience
* Advanced knowledge and experience with technical programming languages and/or database design or database management systems
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
* Working experience with BMC TrueSight Capacity Optimization tool
* 5+ years of Capacity Planning experience with deep forecasting/modeling experience
* Expert level of understanding of server and application performance metrics
* Broad and deep understanding of IT Operational Infrastructures and how they interact, must include computer (physical, virtual), Database Storage, Network, VMware Infrastructure (ESXi Hypervisor), Websphere, Public Cloud (AWS, Azure), Mainframe, Unix, Containerized workloads/services
* 4+ years experience with performance analytics
* 4+ Years experience performing statistical analysis
RELOCATION assistance is NOTAVAILABLE for this position.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here. For USAA s Affirmative Action and EEO statement, please click here. Furthermore, USAA makes hiring decisions compliant with the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance (LAMC 189.00).
USAA provides equal opportunity to qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please email HumanResources@usaa.com or call 1-800-210-USAA and select option 3 for assistance.