Posted in Nonprofit - Social Services 3 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Littleton, Colorado
This position is a on-call position. 12 Hour Shifts (7A-7P and 7P-7A)
Responsible for navigating the treatment needs of clients entering our behavioral health system through telephonic, mobile, telehealth and walk-in behavioral health crisis services. Phone Crisis Counselors may also accompany Crisis Evaluators in the community.
Goals and Objectives:
• Provide 24/7 services including screening, intervention, referral and admission through phone and face-to-face contacts both on and offsite
• Utilize crisis response experience to perform, analyze and document clinical findings for care coordination
• Provide supportive clinical services, triage, and general steps related to hospital admission
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide customer service that promotes client-centered care to include discussion and communication with family/caretakers and other community agencies regarding the needs of the client and anticipated treatment plans
• Work in partnership with other team members in a multidisciplinary approach and build relationships with key internal/external partners and stakeholders (medical, behavioral health, law enforcement, schools, community, etc.) as a way to streamline communication and enhance integrated client care and services
• Assess and therapeutically de-escalate crisis situations. Respond to all risk calls and walk-ins, mobile & telehealth in a clinically sound manner that reduces harm and allows for successful secondary intervention consistent with team model and state and federal regulations
• Professionally interpret and analyze client’s psychiatric history and risk presentation in order to inform next steps which may include connection to: crisis evaluation, risk/threat assessment, safety welfare check, or referral to outpatient or external services
• Prepare documentation and information to drive a timely crisis evaluation in order to meet regulatory responsibilities and guidelines
• Provide clerical support to the admission, crisis evaluation, mobile, telehealth and walk-in process
• Complete daily documentation of services provided.
• Provide collaboration and structure to the internal and external medical clearance process.
• Perform appropriate assessment and risk processes to include vital signs, breathalyzer, urine (dip, toxicity, pregnancy) and security and safety checks. Perform all aspects of clinical and environmental care that optimize client safety and reduce the likelihood of adverse events
• Responsible for providing navigation and coordination of care through an entire episode of care
• Communicate professionally and effectively with client’s fund source regarding clinical recommendations and requests for authorization for levels of care that require pre-authorization. Follow the approved guidelines to ensure utilization and reimbursement for services provided to clients
• Coordinate ongoing services both within AllHealth Network and to community agencies as appropriate
• Review documentation for referrals to Bridge ATU/Santa Fe House and screen for medical and clinical appropriateness for admission. Communicate with providers, clients, referral sources, and treatment teams to coordinate admission to Bridge/Santa Fe House
• Support coordination with AllHealth Network treatment teams to evaluate external placement options for clients
• Work with other AllHealth Network treatment teams to track bed availability and efficiency of admissions
• Provide care to clients in a manner that promotes safety, comfort and the therapeutic environment
• Follow all AllHealth Network policies and procedures
• Complete all required trainings as listed in Relias Learning (both online training and face-to-face training) within required timelines
• Perform other duties as required within the scope of the position and the experience, education and ability of the employee.
• May be designated as the staff member to monitor M-1 holds.
Key Technical Skills and Knowledge:
• Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in human services or a related behavioral health field
• Experience working therapeutically with specified population
• Experience using various treatment modalities appropriate for specified population utilizing strengths-based therapeutic approaches
• Must have sufficient language skills and be able to communicate both verbally and in writing to accurately and professionally implement and document the services provided to clients
• Must possess basic computer skills and type 25+ wpm for the input and output of client information, using electronic records
• Ability to perform concurrent documentation
See job description