Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Whitakers, North Carolina
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
2nd Shift Opportunity
Duties will include, but not limited to, assisting crew technicians in the installation, maintenance, operation and repair of mechanical and electrical equipment relating to HVAC systems; inspecting all HVAC, mechanical, and electrical equipment controls, gages, distribution panels and other equipment components to ensure proper operation.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Must respond to plant emergency issues within the guidelines of the PEO (Plant Emergency Operations).
* Maintain all facilities HVAC and HVAC facilities service and utility systems in support of 24*7 operation of a high-volume diesel engine manufacturing plant.
* Perform multi-craft tasks associated with HVAC maintenance.
* Participate in preventive maintenance and maintenance duties such as filtration system changes, greasing and oiling of motors, gears, etc.
* Inspect and adjust belts and pulleys; replace bearings and perform other building, system and equipment repairs.
* Handle preventive maintenance and equipment downtime situations and procedures.
* Identify the root cause of problems and countermeasures to prevent recurrence.
* Perform repairs to and PM s on pumps, conveying systems, piping, etc.
* This position requires working in confined spaces.
* Employee must follow all applicable job policies and procedures.
NON- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Must maintain positive customer and employee relationships (communications with all).
* Respond to customer calls.
* Must have knowledge of and be able to demonstrate the use of hand/power tools.
* Accurate and timely administrative duties to include Time off request forms (turned into manager for signature).
* Fill out materials request form as needed.
* Check off materials from packing slip when received orders.
* Daily checks on jobs in progress & completed jobs. (As documented in Maximo)
* Perform assigned tasks in a safe, effective, and efficient manner.
* Assist in keeping facilities, tools, and equipment in good order and clean.
QUALIFICATIONS: (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE):
* HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA or general education degree (GED).
* One to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Must have a universal EPA certification from the State Board of Refrigeration Examiners.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
* Employee must have the ability to write routine reports and correspondence, and have the ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
* The employee will participate in the development and writing of PM s and work procedures.
* A valid driver s license is required to obtain a Customer Mobile Equipment License.
* ABLE TO OPERATE A FOLK LIFT
* ABLE TO OPERATE MAN-LIFTS
C&W Services is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.