Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Amarillo, Texas
The Medical Office Specialist is a non-exempt position responsible for performing a variety of duties depending on whether it is a small clinic, large medical practice, multi-clinic, or a specialty office for Northwest Texas Physician Group. The Medical Office Specialist is responsible for the overall functions of the medical office, which include patient scheduling, patient check in and check out process including properly completing registration, effectively communicating with patients and providers, answering phones, insurance authorizations, collecting co-pays and cash payments from patients, entering charges, payments, and balancing the day, medical records and supply management. The Medical Office Specialist responsibilities may also include addressing patient complaints and resolving problems. The Medical Office Specialist must exhibit values of integrity and compassion. This position requires the ability to multi-task and perform well in a fast pace environment.
Northwest Texas Physician Group employment opportunities are available in primary care and various specialties. When you are part of Northwest Texas Physician Group, you can expect a diverse, energetic work environment in which you can learn, grow and reach your full potential. Work with a team that values your expertise and strengths and expects you to contribute. Your compassionate colleagues are driven to impact every patient experience and improve processes. You will be working in an organization with a daily commitment to patients and their families to raise national standards of excellence.
Northwest Texas Physician Group formed in 2013 with a focus towards population health management. The group has grown to a network of over 40 providers serving patients at numerous primary, specialty and urgent care locations in Amarillo, Texas. Northwest Texas Physician Group is affiliated with Northwest Texas Healthcare System, a 495 bed system acute care hospital, that serves approximately 650,000 residents of the Texas Panhandle and surrounding region. The system provides acute care services including: cardiac, pediatric, women s, emergency, surgical and behavioral healthcare.
Amarillo has a population of nearly 200,000 people. The public schools are outstanding and there are college preparatory and parochial private schools available. The city boasts many cultural activities, including the Amarillo Symphony and Opera, the Lone Star Ballet and a variety of theater groups. Recreational activities are plentiful. Amarillo offers a spectacular botanical garden, numerous art galleries and museums, and outdoor activities, including golf, hiking and biking. The city is located minutes from Palo Duro Canyon State Park, the second largest canyon in the country, and is on Historic Route 66.
Northwest Texas Physician Group is recruiting one Medical Office Specialist for the Ridgeview Clinic.
Northwest Texas Physician Network is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Northwest Texas Physician Network, a subsidiary of UHS, is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at UHS via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of UHS. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by UHS as a result of the referral or through other means.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE AND LICENSES/REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* Type minimum of 40 words per minute
* Good communication and interpersonal skills
* Computer experience required
* Healthcare experience required. Minimum one year experience as a receptionist or medical assistant in a medical office.
* Bi-lingual ability desirable
* Previous Experience with Medical Terminology preferred
* Certification as a Medical Assistant is preferred
* Excellent customer service and data entry skills
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS
* Ability to read and write in English
* Ability to communicate with patients, families, staff, physicians, support agencies, vendors and others
* Ability to remain calm and composed under stress
* Ability to respond to pages, telephones and other auditory stimulation
* Ability to evaluate and interpret information and make independent decisions
* Bending and lifting (5 to 30 lbs), reaching, grasping, fine hand/eye coordination, pushing and pulling repeatedly, twisting, squatting and stooping
* Sitting/standing for long periods of time