Posted in Other 30 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
NTT DATA, Inc., a top 10 global IT services company, has an immediate need for a Data Modeler in Cincinatti, OH.
To apply for this position, please follow the link below or send your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org and call Jon Bivas at (610) 257-3025 for more information.
Position Title: Data Modeler
Contract Duration: 1+ year
Work Location : Cincinatti, OH
The Data Modeler is responsible for the creation, support and maintenance of data repositories used as sources for data-driven initiatives. This is the key position for ensuring the data sources are robust and secure.
You will directly work with various business functions to determine the data requirements, how to obtain and store the data, and then to provide the data to the business as agreed.
You'll be communicating with different business partners, data governors, developers and other architects to bring the data vision to life.
Roles & Responsibilities:
* Develops, enhances, and maintains data warehouse and data mart logical & physical data models
* Determines impact to the Enterprise Data Model (EDM) and refines the EDM as needed as new applications or products are added
* Researches data sources for new business data and better sources of data feeds
* Participates in business requirement definition and reviews business requests for data and data usage
* Responsible for data profiling and mapping of data correctly
* Participates in design reviews to ensure data model adherence and data standards
* Participates in Data Governance function to ensure data stewards concerns are addressed
* Analyzes content and quality of data model(s) and databases
* Works closely with the Data Base Architect (DBA) team to implement the physical data model
* Works closely with the Architect(s) to ensure the EDM is integrated with development efforts
* Ensures all data has a complete and accurate definition
* Establishes and monitors data quality initiatives
* Data warehousing and ODS modeling experience is a must
* Strong skill sets working with relational databases. Experience with Data Modeling techniques and tools, such as SAP Power Designer or Erwin.
* Strong SQL Data Definition Language (DDL) and Data Manipulation Language skills like SQL.
* Worked as Data modeler or Data architect on Data warehousing solutions
* Insurance P&C experience is a big plus
* Working knowledge of Informatica toolset - MDM, RDM, IDQ, EDC is a plus
* Hadoop and/or any relevant Cloud technology implementation is nice to have
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.