Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Visalia, California
At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the box you may have poured your child's cereal from this morning, the microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We're one of the largest manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of the world's most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice, household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative, passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are among the industry's best to reward the talented people who make our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we'd love to hear from you. Learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
JOB TITLE: 2nd Shift Material Handler
WORK SCHEDULE: 4:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m. (Midnight)
The Material Handler is responsible for safely storing finished product pallets into bay locations in the warehouse with a forklift or clamp. The Material Handler must be able to align pallets within designated locations. The Material Handler is to ensure that the product from the sortation line is in conformance with storage requirements and procedures. The Material Handler also enters product into bay locations in the inventory control system using the Radio Frequency system and scanning the barcodes. The Material Handler must maintain good housekeeping duties of assigned areas. This consists of removing damaged cases, sweeping the area, straightening pallets, and assists the stacker in maintaining cleanliness at the sortation line. The Material Handler must also be qualified to perform the duties of the Warehouse Stacker as they are at time required to relieve them for their breaks, lunch or to fill in for an absence. All employees must follow all Graphic Packaging International safety procedures and policies including wearing personal protective equipment such as steel toed shoes, hearing protection and safety goggles.
WORK DEVICES/TOOLS consist of the following: fork lift, computer, R/F scanner
* 1 year+ recent experience operating powered industrial trucks (forklifts) required.
* Experience in a manufacturing environment a plus
* Must be able to climb in/out of the forklift on a frequent basis throughout the work shift. There is one step up/down into/out of the cab of the forklift
* Must be able to walk around throughout the shipping/receiving bays; surfaces are mostly concrete
* Must be able to perform pushing/pulling activities when performing work activities
* Must be able to lift/carry approximately 30 lbs from floor to waist height
* Must be able to bend throughout the work shift; majority of bending occurs in a slight forward bend for brief periods of times. This may be performed on a repetitive basis
* Must be able to reach between waist and shoulder height which occurs on a continuous basis. Reaching overhead and below waist level occurs on an occasional basis.
* Must have the ability to work in a high paced and multi-task environment
* Must be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
* Overtime will be required as necessary including weekends. Graphic Packaging International operates on a 24 hour, 7 day/week basis.
The above description/summary may be amended, revised, or supplemented as the Company deems necessary in order to maintain safe, efficient, and continuous operation.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, handicap, or disability, marital status, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster