Posted in Nonprofit - Social Services 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Columbus, Ohio
YMCA Community Corps members are committed to improving the lives of elementary-age students by assisting in mid-day health and wellness activities and providing beautification support along identified pathways to schools.
These efforts assist in helping to improve community infrastructure such as identifying sidewalks in need of repair and pinpointing street lights that are no longer operating properly.
Additionally, members are required to assist in National Days of Service activities that help members to understand the importance and impact of community service and how their respective membership contributes to the greater whole of improving societal issues.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• All interested individuals are asked to apply, with 17 to 24 years strongly encouraged
• Members must have completed or have plans to complete a G.E.D. or high school diploma before the conclusion of the program period
• Members are required to adhere to all instructions of YMCA of Central Ohio Personnel, the AmeriCorps Program Director, site supervisors, and other school-level leaders, such as principals, assistant principals, and teachers
• Maintain progress toward completing the minimum number of required hours for participation in an AmeriCorps program
• Adhere to, and abide by all YMCA Community Corps Member Service Agreement Rules and Regulations
To perform the membership assignment successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Balances team and individual responsibilities;
• Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views;
• Gives and welcomes feedback;
• Contributes to building a positive team spirit;
• Puts success of team above own interests;
• Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives;
• Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a member to successfully perform the essential functions of the member service and assignment. While performing the duties of this
assignment, the member is regularly required to:
*stand for periods of up to one hour at a time
*walk a distance of approximately one-half mile
*sits for up tot two hours at a time
*use and and fingers, handle, or feel
*reach with hands and arms and climb or balance
*actively engage in youth sports-related activities, including but not limited to kickball basketball ball tosses, hula hoops, and other activities designed for a youth-age audience.
Attendance and Punctuality:
• Is consistently at assigned member site location(s) and on time.
• Can be depended upon to follow instructions and complete the service in a high-quality manner.
• Performs the assignment(s) and service with integrity and honesty.