DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drive business results by aligning organizational structure, people and capabilities with key business strategies.
- Develop strong partnerships with business leaders.
- Provide insights around and design strategies to help grow organizational health and effectiveness.
- In partnership with the SVP of HR, own the HR department’s P&L and other key enterprise P&L lines (i.e. healthcare, recruiting, engagement, etc.)
- Lead the annual budgeting process for HR.
- Develop plans and assess resources to build high performance teams that develop and retain key talent.
- Lead the HR Centers of Excellence, compliance and engagement in the areas of organizational development, recruiting, engagement, employee relations, HRIS, compensation and benefits.
- Partner with others on the HR leadership team to develop and administer reward systems and programs that drive achievement of business goals.
- Direct and oversee the contractual relationships for key vendors (i.e. HRIS, Benefits, etc.)
- Continually assess the competitiveness of all HR programs and practices against relevant companies, industries, and markets.
- Provide comprehensive HR consultation, advice, coaching and facilitation to leaders, managers and peers
- Serve as an advocate for HR programs, communicating the business value of initiatives and managing program roll outs to minimize business disruption.
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation; ensure compliance.
- Drive for continuous improvement within HR business processes with a specific focus on systems and other HR workstreams.
- Enhance the department’s reputation by accepting ownership for and delivering projects with quality and on time.
- Other duties as assigned, including special projects and assignments as determined by the needs of the business.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or related field required
- Master’s degree in HR or similar study preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive responsibility demonstrating HR experience; minimum of 6 years of HR leadership experience coaching and managing Generalists and other members of an HR team.
- PHR/SPHR certification preferred.
- HRIS and Benefits (Healthcare and Compensation) leadership required
- Field and labor relations (union) experience preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of U.S. and Canadian employment laws and practices
- A demonstrated understanding of core HR competencies – Employee Relations, Compensation & Benefits, Recruiting & Retention, Talent Management & Organizational Development, Performance Management, Compliance, and Change Management
- Excellent strategic agility with a track record of designing and executing against strategies (HR & Business Unit)
- Demonstrated success implementing HR programs, systems and initiatives.
- Strong business and financial acumen; with a keen ability to analyze KPIs and other critical financial metrics