Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
Location: Houston, Texas
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: PRN
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
The HIM Document Imaging Technician II is responsible for efficiently and accurately prepping, and/or indexing and quality checking documents from single or multiple hospitals into the Horizon Patient Folder (HPF) document imaging system.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO
Prepping duties include:
* Meets with the HSC courier to receive and account for all boxes delivered Unpacks all boxes, and sorts and measures the medical record according to established procedures Maintains or exceeds established productivity standards
* Prepares medical record documents prior to scanning, according to policies and procedures which includes, but is not limited to:
* Remove staples o Repair tears
* Remove duplicate copies
* Remove electronically fed documents with no handwriting on them
* Placing like forms in reverse chronological order
* Ensure patient identifiers are present on all pages including front and back
* Ensure all documents belong to the same patient/account
* Indexing duties include:
* Verifies that images are correct and legible
* Ensures that each scanned document is associated to the appropriate patient
* Ensures that each scanned document is associated to the appropriate patient account
* Ensures that each scanned document is associated to the appropriate document type
* Performs a paper document to PC screen validation to ensure that all documents associated with each record have been scanned
* Scans documents according to policies and procedures on an \\"as-needed\\" basis as directed by departmental processes and the HIM Document Imaging Manager or their designee
* Assists with the boxing of scanned documents
* General duties:
* Maintains or exceeds established quality standards Maintains or exceeds established productivity standards
* Participates at regular intervals in quality audits as designated by HSC and/or HIM Document Imaging leadership
* Communicates issues and any process barriers to leadership appropriately
* Works effectively as part of a team atmosphere to perform duties and achieve daily operational goals
* Practices and adheres to the \\"Code of Conduct\\" philosophy and the \\"Mission and Value Statement\\"
* Other duties as assigned
High school diploma or equivalency preferred
1 year experience in an office environment preferred. Prior medical record experience strongly preferred
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.