Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Reston, Virginia
As an engineer and technologist in image processing, machine learning, and/or computer vision with out team, you will be working with our clients to design, create, evaluate, and maintain solutions using your experience and expertise in image processing, machine learning, computer vision and data science. In your role you will work with various teams to research, develop, and deploy solutions for various national security missions spanning identity management, multimedia, and cyber end-to-end systems that are transforming the way law enforcement and intelligence communities handle and analyze information and translate it into actionable intelligence.
You would join Noblisu2019 identity intelligence group as we continue to grow our software and digital capabilities. Today our team consists of developers, scientists, engineers, researchers, and analysts that have served federal, state, and local government clients on high-consequence problems in analytics, biometrics, AI/machine learning, and forensic science for over 20 years. Our team is engaged across the identity intelligence community and has been instrumental in making our customersu2019 programs successful in analytics, automation, and digital solutions spanning identity science, AI/machine learning, computer vision, biometrics, forensics, media analytics, systems engineering, software development/integration, DevOps, and cloud technologies.
* You have BA/BS in a technology, engineering, computer science or related discipline
* You have at least 5 years of hands-on experience in one or more of the fields of image processing, machine learning, computer vision, and data science
* You have hands-on experience of a broad ranges of technology systems and are able to work with:
* any of the following image processing and computer vision frameworks and libraries: OpenC
* any of the following AI/machine learning frameworks, statistical packages, and libraries: Tensorflow, Caffe, Amazon Machine Learning, Apache Singa, Torch, Scikit-learn, Microsoft CNTK, Apache Mahout, SQL, d3.js, map-reduce, R, Weka, Orange, as well as open source and other emerging technologies/frameworks
* programming languages and scripting methods including: Python, C, C++, Java, .NET, Bash, AWK
* operating systems: Linux, Windows
* prefer a Linux terminal over a GUI
* You have hands-on experience:
* engineering solutions to optimize, monitor, and measure performance of operational biometric systems
* conducting (and/or leading) research and development of biometric, identity management, and fraud prevention solutions
* developing alternate concepts of operation to improve biometric sample and image quality, including automated image quality assessment, image enhancement, device calibration
* developing software algorithms to assess and improve image quality
* conducting research and assessment to develop technical contributions/guidance for national and international biometrics standards, proposed standards, laws and policies
* You desire to work in an agile and cross functional team environment, understand team goals and generate appropriate, innovative analytical insights to drive process and experience improvement
* Secret Clearance
* You challenge the status quo, are hungry to explore, evaluate, and understand new technologies, and wish to share insights and mentor your peers
* Advanced their formal education with a MS/PhD specializing in data science, computer vision, machine learning, and artificial intelligence
* Strong written and verbal communication skills (e.g., technical writing)
* Experience working with USG clients, operational components, and stakeholders
* Eligible for special access programs
* Hands-on experience with optics, sensors, color management, measuring image quality characteristics
* Hands-on experience with document security features, public key infrastructure (PKI), document imaging, and optical character recognition (OCR)
* Complements our existing team, likes solving problems, and is comfortable with ambiguity
* Can self manage, has strong self-organization skills, and is eager to contribute
* Strives to be an excellent engineer, is eager to explore new technologies, and develop new skills
* Comfortable working with teams across geographic bounds
* TS Clearance
Noblis and our wholly owned subsidiary, Noblis ESI, are solving difficult problems that help our government and our country. We bring the best of scientific thought, management, and engineering expertise with a reputation for independence and objectivity. We support a wide range of government and industry clients in the areas of national security, intelligence, transportation, healthcare, environmental sustainability, and enterprise engineering. Learn more at Noblis -About Us
Why work at a Noblis company*
Our employees find greater meaning in their work and balance the other things in life that matter to them. Our people are our greatest asset. They are exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable, team-oriented, and mission-driven individuals who want to do work that matters and benefits the public.
Noblis has won numerous workplace awards. Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race.
Learn about the Noblis business development life-cycle, processes, tools, and account structure Contribute specialized domain or technical content to proposal sections or client white papers Build a productive relationship with your client and understand their structure and goals.