Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Richardson, Texas
SENIOR MMIC DESIGN ENGINEER
A career with CAES is more than just a job; it is the pathway to a bright future.
Are you searching for a career with a company that offers challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to offer long-term professional advancement? Searching for a company that values a friendly work environment and that values YOU? Then look no further!! Consider Cobham. #peoplefocusedmissiondriven #everymissionmatters
We are Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions (CAES), a technologically advanced electronics company employing more than 3,600 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide. We build things that solve challenging problems from deep space to the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in spanning defense, aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.
Develop innovative, leading-edge GaN and GaAs-based Monolithic Microwave Integrated Circuits (MMICs); provide technical expertise and guidance to engineering staff; act as technical contact between production and engineering; support bid and proposal efforts, customer interface and new product development; design architecture for highly-integrated MMICs and/or modules, proposal writing, develop budgets and schedules; hold design reviews for multiple programs; apply appropriate standards, processes, procedures and tools throughout the system development life cycle.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
* Leads design activity for GaN and GaAs-based MMIC products
* Proficient in the use of RF simulation tools to perform necessary modeling such as linear, non-linear, and EM
* Perform necessary analysis such as cascade chain analysis, stability analysis, yield analysis, DC budgets, as part of the design flow methodology.
* Experience in measurements performed to characterize MMICs
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Develops new technology and provides inputs to the technology and product roadmaps.
* Design and lead MMIC packaging efforts.
* Collaborate in team meetings and activities.
* Support Business Development team in the proposal writing process
* Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) or equivalent relative experience
* Ten (10) or more years of design experience in advanced compound semiconductor technologies such as GaN, and/or GaAs.
* Ten (10) or more years of experience in MMIC design experience in designing Microwave/Millimeter-wave power amplifiers, low-noise amplifiers, phase shifter or attenuator MMICs and/or hybrid-based components
* Expert understanding of FET theory and characteristics
* Proficient user of microwave and EM simulation tools such as NI AWR Microwave Office or ADS required.
* Expert understanding of microwave measurements and calibration methods: S-parameters, power, efficiency, source/load pull, noise figure, linearity and intermodulation distortion.
* Time Management & Organizational skills: adaptability to changing priorities and assignments; ability to maintain confidentiality; ability to focus on task at hand and meet expected time completion (ETC); ability to keep an organized work station and materials.
* Excellence behaviors: remain engaged, proactive and positive even in tough circumstances; own assignments and be fully accountable for their success; align actions, behaviors and conversations to what matters most; bring out the best in others and recognize the value in every person s contributions; ability to work independently being proactive to resolve work issues or notify supervisor of resources needed; ability to coordinate with other employees and as part of a team.
* Ability to obtain a security clearance
* Masters of Science in Electrical Engineering (MSEE) or PhD in EE preferred or equivalent experience
* Fifteen (15) or more years of experience in advanced compound semiconductor technologies such as GaN, and/or GaAs.
* DOD work experience
Founded in 1934 by aviation innovator Sir Alan Cobham, our values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us to become a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. It's the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you!
If you are authorized to work in the United States, then we encourage you to apply. We are unable to sponsor work visas. U.S. Citizenship required for positions requiring a Security Clearance.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here and the poster supplement is available here.
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here.
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to CAEScareer@cobham.com or call (703) 842-2971 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.