Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Lansing, Michigan
Department supervisors are responsible for all the functions of their department. They oversee the staff and implement strategies to increase productivity. These managers also conduct training and seminars to motivate and build the skills of their team members. It is their jobs to produce methods that will benefit the department and by extension the business. They support business efforts and implement company changes. These managers must maintain quality customer service in their departments by training staff on sales and stress management techniques. Their main goal is to have higher sales each month and generate new business opportunities.
Responsibilities and Duties
The following reflects management's definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
• Exceed sales and customer satisfaction objectives
• Maintain and improve company standards
• Supervises and coordinates activities of workers in department of retail store
• Trains and mentors workers in store policies, department procedures, and job duties
• Orders merchandise, supplies, and equipment
• Records delivery of merchandise, compares record with merchandise ordered, and reports discrepancies to control costs and maintain correct inventory levels
• Inspects merchandise to ensure it is correctly priced and displayed
• Recommends additions to or deletions of merchandise to be sold in department
• Prepares sales and inventory reports
• Listens to customer complaints, examines returned merchandise, and resolves problems to restore and promote good public relations
• Monitor signage during sales, taking down signs as merchandise sells out and moving displaced sales signs back to their proper place
• Using information technology to record sales figures, for data analysis and forward planning
• Analyzing and interpreting trends to facilitate planning
Skills and Qualifications
• Be self-motivated
• Be trustworthy and dependable
• Be good team player
• Have solid managerial skills
• Be customer and quality oriented
• Be able to manage time, plans, projects and people effectively
• Have good training skills
• Be aware of the industry developments and the business competitors
• Be able to communicate efficiently with employees and clients
• Have prior managerial experience
Bending, stooping, reaching, twisting, lifting, pushing, pulling and moving item. Identifying and reading reports, tickets and UPC labels. Standing for long period of times.