Posted in Information Technology 29 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Newport Beach, California
The digital era is forcing companies to transform through technology to stay relevant. Business must be always-on and infrastructure must predict change before it happens, to act fast and put a smile on the faces of users. Cognizant Cloud and Infrastructure Services keeps your business always ready, powers up employee productivity, integrates your departments and groups, and future-proofs your organization.
We seek a Z/OS administrator who possesses deep expertise in crafting, running and monitoring the infrastructure to support mainframe environment. The selected candidate will be responsible for all performance aspects on the mainframe platform, including capacity planning, systems performance management as well as disk performance.
- Detailed familiarity with IBM?s z/OS operating system
- Knowledge of Parallel Sysplex concepts
- Experience performing Mainframe LPAR builds
- Installation of patches and fixes
- Installation and maintenance of ISV products
- System parameters/parmlib maintenance
- Managing incidents on z/OS related issues
- z/OS performance monitoring and reporting
-RMF configuration and reporting
-Advanced knowledge of IBM-RACF mainframe security software internals, configuration, etc.
-Support for installation specific 3rd party products
-Managing incidents on z/OS related issues
-Problem management - providing permanent fixes for recurring issues
-Participate in major IT project activities
-Handle system change requests
-Create, revise, review and enhance Operational Procedures and -other documentation used by the Service Desk
-ISMF - SMS policies updates and maintenance
-z/OS Unix administration
-Job performance analysis ? STROBE/APA reports
-System parameters/parmlib maintenance
-Installing patches and fixes (SMP/E)
-HCD - IODF maintenance
-Disaster Recovery (DR) support
- Change and Configuration management through testing and moving updates through various staging environments (ITIL Change and Configuration Mgmt.)
- Problem identification, determination, and resolution for product or usage of the product in conjunction with requestor (ITIL Incident/Problem Mgmt.)
Years of Experience : 10+ years of experience
***Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.
**Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S. immediately; employer will not sponsor applicants for U.S. work authorization (such as an H-1B visa) for this opportunity.