Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Farmington Hills, Michigan
LOCATION: USA, FARMINGTON HILLS, MI
Are you looking for a successful career? Come and be a part of our 100-year history in the making as a CAD/DESIGN ENGINEER! NTN Bearing Corporation (NBCA) is a major division of a multinational manufacturing company providing highly engineered and quality precision components to the automotive and industrial industries. We enjoy the prestige of being a major supplier of constant velocity joints and wheel bearings to both domestic and foreign auto manufacturers. NTN has an outstanding job opportunity for a CAD/DESIGN ENGINEER at our Farmington Hills, MI location.
* 3D/2D Design of NTN Bearing products using various CAD software programs (CATIA V5 / NX) in accordance with NTN, industry and customer specific design standards; demonstrate strong level of design acumen and application of CAD tools.
* Lead/Support department objectives (ex. VA/VE, DFMEA, Benchmarking, Warranty Reduction) with emphasis to optimize product design for robustness, manufacturing and cost while meeting customer specifications.
* Perform various engineering calculations and analysis using internal software tools as well as industry standard tools/methods such as GD&T, Tolerance Stacking, FMEA, DRBFM, FEA, etc.
* Maintain design data in all applicable CAD, PDM (SmarTeam/TeamCenter) and data exchange systems, as well as material data reporting (IMDS) specific to internal and customer requirements for all assigned customer/programs.
* Develop and maintain design documents including internal/external standards, DFMEA, etc. that are necessary to meet product performance requirements.
* Effectively communicate and collaborate with all phases of business including NTN manufacturing plants, customers, external suppliers, etc during the product design/development process.
* Adhere to all department work instructions, TS guidelines, customer specific requirements and NTN policies and procedures. Participate in annual internal and external auditing activity related to Design Engineering for the IATF16949 and ISO14001 quality systems.
* Must have a Bachelors degree (BSME preferred) in Engineering or related field.
* Minimum of 1-3 years of Design experience; automotive industry is preferred.
* Moderate knowledge of automotive power train or driveline systems.
* MUST HAVE strong CATIA V5 3D/2D or NX 3D/2D skills and desire for HEAVY CAD role.
* Fundamental understanding of various manufacturing processes.
* Moderate knowledge of GD&T, Tolerance Stacking, DFMEA, IMDS, VA/VE.
* Must be highly motivated, very detail oriented and possess excellent organizational, time management, communication and problem solving skills.
NTN Bearing Corporation (NBCA) offers a full range of comprehensive benefits, including choice of medical plans, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, a cash matching 401(k) Plan, separate company contribution to your 401(k) retirement account, paid vacation, additional paid time off during the major holiday season, and eligibility for tuition reimbursement. NTN Bearing Corporation is an equal opportunity employer that strongly supports diversity in the work place.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested in this employment opportunity, please go to our website WWW.NTNAMERICAS.COM, click careers and apply.
NTN Values a diverse workforce and is an EOE..