Under direct supervision, this position is responsible for customer service to donors for the purpose of increasing donor frequency and maintaining donor retention.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs all assigned duties in compliance with internal SOPs and external regulations. Brings compliance issues to the attention of management.
- Assures quality customer service to all customers.
- Retains current donors by rebooking donation appointments.
- Explains and/or enrolls donors in frequent donor programs.
- Assists Donor Services staff with donor flow, monitors wait times, and communicates with donors and/or staff regarding wait times.
- Educates donors on pertinent issues (e.g. the donation process, blood needs, blood components, etc.)
- Converts donors to automated and other new collection technologies to optimize the donation opportunity.
- Assists donors, blood center staff and coordinators in resolving customer service issues.
- Administers customer service and marketing surveys to donors.
- Collects data and prepares reports, as assigned and performs other clerical duties, as needed.
- Presents promotional gift items and recognition; monitors and replenishes promotion inventory, as required.
- Performs all other duties, at the discretion of management, as assigned.
High school graduate or GED required.
One year experience in related field required.
- Able to work in a team environment.
- Strong customer service skills and ability to analyze customer-related situations and take appropriate action.
- Effective communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Able to maintain confidentiality.
- Good working knowledge of PC software preferred.