Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
Req ID: 51540
At NTT DATA Services, we know that with the right people on board, anything is possible. The quality, integrity, and commitment of our employees are key factors in our company s growth, market presence and our ability to help our clients stay a step ahead of the competition. By hiring the best people and helping them grow both professionally and personally, we ensure a bright future for NTT DATA Services and for the people who work here.
NTT DATA Services currently seeks a RHEL/Solaris Administrator to join our team in New Orleans, Louisiana (US-LA), United States (US).
* Maintain responsibility for the daily operations and maintenance of Linux systems to support the installation, optimization, integration, troubleshooting, backup, recovery, modifications, security, and upgrading of IT systems.
* Perform day-to-day operations and interface with internal and external clients to support system operations. Contribute to and maintain operations documentation, including configuration data, change requests, installation procedures, knowledge base articles, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), engineering diagrams, and test plan.
* Work location is New Orleans, LA with some travel to DC (Denver, Alaska possibly)
* Experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) operating system and Solaris operating system
* Experience in IT operations management experience with a project similar in size, scope, and complexity to this area
* Experience with software design patterns and microservice-based architectures
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* Strong execution skills with the ability to work efficiently under pressure deliver quality results within standards and meet deadlines
* Ability to work independently, should be detail oriented, work in a team environment
* Ability to effectively articulate and present complex concepts and ideas to senior IT management, functional and business teams
* Support ATS Administrative and change control procedures, ITIL and ISSO 2000
* Microsoft Azure and or AWS frameworks, including PowerShell, Microsoft OPS tools: System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), Service Center Operations Manager (SCOM) and Operations Management Suite (OMS).
* Impacts and Responds to service requests, incidents, and requests for change tickets. Analyze resolve and document resolution to tickets.
* Work closely with business users and IT specialists, as well as with outside vendors, to plan, deploy, and maintain applications, databases, and VMware.
* Work closely with project teams and customers to adhere to security policies and processes.
* Develop, update, and maintain technical and operational documentation.
* Develop and document O&M processes.
* Participate on project teams.
* Provide guidance and advice on improvements to environments, emerging technologies, and best practices.
* Plan, coordinate and execute O&M activities
* Support Monthly Application and database COOP drills
* 5-10 years of direct experience building and maintaining mobile technologies
* Developer-Mobile Application Development-Smartphone, Tablet-Mobile Client - 5+ years exp.
* Systems Specialist-Operating System-Linux Operating System - 3 to 5 years exp.
* Systems Specialist-Operating System-Solaris Operating System - 3 to 5 years exp.
* Experience in environmental safety
* Experience in the oil and gas industry
* Requires a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or relative science and technology field.
This position is only available to those interested in direct staff employment opportunities with NTT DATA, Inc. or its subsidiaries. Please note, 1099 or corp-2-corp contractors or the equivalent will NOT be considered. We offer a full comprehensive benefits package that starts from your first day of employment.
About NTT DATA Services
NTT DATA Services partners with clients to navigate and simplify the modern complexities of business and technology, delivering the insights, solutions and outcomes that matter most. We deliver tangible business results by combining deep industry expertise with applied innovations in digital, cloud and automation across a comprehensive portfolio of consulting, applications, infrastructure and business process services.
NTT DATA Services, headquartered in Plano, Texas, is a division of NTT DATA Corporation, a top 10 global business and IT services provider with 118,000+ professionals in more than 50 countries, and NTT Group, a partner to 88 percent of the Fortune 100. Visit nttdataservices.com to learn more.
NTT DATA, Inc. (the Company ) is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.