Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN - TULANE\'S LAKESIDE CAMPUS - FULL-TIME - OFFERING $1,000 SIGN-ON BONUS
Come make the move of a lifetime, living and working in exciting and historic New
Orleans! Learn More about living in New Orleans Here.
Practicing on medicine's leading-edge is a rare opportunity indeed. You can do it every
day at Tulane, one of the most acclaimed teaching, research, and medical centers in the
country. Learn more about what our employees have to say about working at Tulane
Medical Center http://bit.ly/2fdd9Ts.
From its humble beginnings in a church schoolroom, Tulane has emerged as a major academic center in the south by adhering to the aspirations of our founders. Simply put, we are in the business of caring for others and for defining the practice of medicine along the way.
At Tulane Medical Center, our mission statement reminds us that above all else we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. When we speak of our mission, we usually think about our dedication to patients and their families and our commitment to them. But we are also equally committed to our employees. You are part of an organization with a long history of compassion and service to patients. The degree to which we as an organization can provide quality healthcare service is highly dependent on how well you are able to perform your job.
We are committed to providing you a Healthy Work Environment and rewarding career. These principles reflect our commitment to you in five areas: Culture, Leadership, Voice, Compensation and Rewards, and Staffing.
As a member of the Tulane Medical Center (TMC) family, you can be assured of:
* A safe place to work.
* Having the tools, equipment and training necessary to perform your duties.
* Open and available communication with your supervisors and the leadership of your facility.
* A fair application of workplace policies, procedures and disciplinary proceedings.
* Fair and understandable compensation and benefits
Tulane Medical Center is currently hiring a Pharmacy Technician.
Under supervision, the PHARMACY TECHNICIAN performs a variety of technical duties related to preparing and dispensing drugs in accordance with standards procedures and techniques. Performs other duties as assigned.
Primary Job Duties of Pharmacy Technician:
* Set up, package, dispense and deliver unit dose medication in accordance with standard procedures and techniques; mix prescribed drugs with intravenous solutions and prefil syringes as assigned under supervision of a pharmacist.
* Replenish drugs and other pharmaceutical supplies on patient care units and/or Clinics; keep records on narcotics and control drug distribution.
* File prescriptions, price drugs and prepare and maintain patient profile records.
* Set up, prepare and package standard bulk formulations as directed.
* Stock supplies and assists in taking inventory.
* Acts in capacity of Pharmacy Buyer as trained and assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS Qualifications for Pharmacy Technician:
* LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION/REGISTRATION: Certification by the State of Louisiana required within 180 days of employment. If not certified upon hire, registration for work permit with LA Pharmacy Board within 30 days of employment and evidence of intent to obtain certification within 60 days of employment (SEE CHAPTER 8 OF LABP REGULATIONS)
* EDUCATION: High School Graduate or equivalent
* EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 1-year post-graduate community/institutional pharmacy experience preferred.
* SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS: Must be able to successfully complete established competencies for the position within designated probationary period. Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills. Understanding of computer systems and pharmacy technology desirable.
* HOURS OF WORK: Shift as scheduled.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.