Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
Location: Thousand Oaks, California
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Healthcare Corporation of America (HCA) is a community of 94,000 Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physicians. We have over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER's, ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility based staff continues to raise the bar in patient care. Ten HCA hospitals have been named in IBM Watson Health's top 100 best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and operational data.
Los Robles Hospital & Medical Center is a licensed 404 bed acute care facility. Fully accredited by the Joint Commission, Los Robles Hospital has the only Level II Trauma Center in Eastern Ventura County and the only Emergency Room in both Los Angeles and Ventura counties coveted EDAP (Emergency Department Approved for Pediatrics) rating. In addition, it is the only hospital certified by both counties as a STEMI designated heart attack center for rapid heart attack response and is a certified Primary Stroke Center. With over 600 physicians on its medical staff, representing over 50 medical specialties, Los Robles is proud to be the community's most trusted resource for health and a regional destination for care.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
This position acts as a liaison between internal and external referral sources, and rehab operations. The Rehabilitation Specialist is responsible for establishing relationships with case managers, physicians, payers, and other referral sources. The Rehabilitation Specialist will ensure appropriate patient placement through clinical assessments and screening in collaboration with the Rehab Medical Director.
The Rehabilitation Specialist is the primary responsible party focused on referral and admission growth of the rehab program.
Reports To: Director - Acute Rehab
CLINICAL REHABILITATION SPECIALIST PT/DAYS ROTATING WEEKENDS REHAB
QUALIFICATIONS POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
* Licensed Professional in a clinical health care specialty
* Current state licensure in clinical practice area or eligible for state license transfer.
* BCLS certification (AHA)
* Pass facility credentialing for Functional Independence Measurement (FIM) within 90 days upon hire, then maintains current certification.
* If RN, CRRN preferred and / or achieve within 2 years of accepting position.
* Graduate of an accredited school in clinical specialty.
* Minimum 2 years recent clinical care experience.
* Clinical experience in the care and management of the Inpatient Rehabilitation patient.
* Experience as a Rehabilitation Specialist coordinating admissions for inpatient rehabilitation preferred.
* Effective verbal, written and persuasive communication skills.
* Computer and keyboarding skills (25 wpm minimum).
* Organization and time management skills.
* Strong problem solving skills.
* Ability to analyze data related to referral opportunities.
* Skilled strategy planning and goal setting.
* Ability to build strong relationships with referral sources while being engaging, accountable and responsive.
* Self-directed with problem solving capability.
* Ability to navigate a medical record for determination of medical necessity for an IRF admission.
* Ability to analyze clinical data looking at diagnosis and comorbidities that will demonstrate the patients' complete medical picture.
* Experienced in speaking in medical terminology with physicians, case managers, therapists about disease states, comorbidities, and patient care.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.