Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Logan, Utah
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: No Weekends
Since it was established in 2000, Cache Valley Hospital has delivered high quality, cost-effective care to people who live and work in Cache, Box Elder and Rich counties as well as southern Idaho and western Wyoming communities. The medical staff's patient-centered approach to delivering evidence-based care and utilizing advanced medical technology has ensured exceptional patient experiences and clinical outcomes. In 2013, this community hospital achieved the Health Insight Quality Award as well as five-star rankings from Healthgrades for its statistically significantly better patient outcomes related to spinal fusions and total knee replacements.
The Certified Nursing Assistant works under the supervision of a nurse. The Certified Nursing Assistant performs various patient care activities necessary in caring for the personal needs and comfort of patients. The position's tasks and responsibilities include:
* Bathes, dresses/undresses patients, and assists with other personal hygiene needs
* Serves and collects food trays. Assists with patient feeding.
* Transports, positions, and drapes patients for exams and treatments.
* Assists patients in ambulating.
* Takes and records vital signs, weights, and I & O.
* Performs non sterile dressing changes.
* Passes and collects bed pans.
* Changes bed linens.
* Provides encouragement, support, and comfort to patients and family members.
* Monitors, records, and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
* Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
* Orients and mentors new staff members.
* Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required
QUALIFICATIONS EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
* Successful completion of a Nursing Assistant training program.
* Certification as a Nurse Assistant (required)
* American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required)
* Working knowledge of medical terminology (preferred)
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.