Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Mesa, Arizona
An equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, race, ethnicity, gender, religion, or otherwise. Minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.:
Ensures that resident s personal care needs are being met in accordance with Residents wishes and Care Plan Objectives.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF POSITION:
* Answers signal lights, bells, or intercom system to determine residents needs and ensures call lights are within reach of resident.
* Ensures that residents who are unable to call for help are checked frequently.
* Gives direct resident care such as bathing, dressing, and grooming of residents.
* Explains procedures to residents.
* Assists residents as necessary in their activities of daily living.
* Assists residents with bowel and bladder functions.
* Assists residents in preparation for and transporting to appointments, activities and social programs.
* Assists with lifting, positioning and transporting residents into and out of beds, chairs, bathtubs, wheelchairs, lifts, etc., in keeping with specific resident safety needs.
* Provides incontinent care as needed.
* Dresses resident appropriate to the current weather.
* Notifies Supervisor if resident needs clothing.
* Changes bed linens.
* Handles linens according to infection control guidelines.
* Feeds residents requiring help and records meal intake.
* Delivers and documents all snacks and supplements.
* Offers fluids to residents frequently to ensure that residents are hydrated where designated by care plan.
* Reviews and implements daily nursing needs as outlined by resident Care Plan or nurse managers.
* Transports residents or assists residents with mobility needs.
* Turns and repositions bedfast residents, alone or with assistance.
* Takes and records temperatures, blood pressure, pulse rates, respiration rates, height, weight, and food and fluid
intake and output, as directed.
* Monitors resident s activities and reports any irregularities of resident performance to nurse managers.
* Participates in and receives nursing report upon reporting and departing to/from work.
* Reports all changes in residents conditions to supervisor.
* Cleans instruments and equipment and returns to proper area after use.
* Maintains cleanliness of residents units, central bathing area, treatment and supply rooms, workrooms, and linen
* Provides post-mortem care as instructed.
* Accurately records all care as directed.
* Participates and attends periodic in-services and staff meetings.
* Understands and adheres to the guidelines of Residents Rights .
* Perform additional duties as assigned.
EDUCATION / REQUIREMENTS:
Ability to communicate with residents and nursing staff. Ability to speak, read, and write English. Prior experience as LTC nursing assistant preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Successful completion of State Approved Nursing Assistant Training and Competency Evaluation Program. Good standing in the state registry is required.