Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Coppell, Texas
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: No Weekends
LEAD MATERIAL HANDLER
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES - The Lead Material Handler responsibilities include processing the receipt of all inbound freight by packing slip and purchase order, processing all outbound shipments from the warehouse, responsible for replenishing product that has been received into its assigned stocking location and responsible for processing, picking, packing, staging, and shipping of all customer orders as well as inventory accuracy.
SUPERVISOR - Warehouse Shift Supervisor
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
* Responsible for assigning and directing work tasks for Material Handlers.
* Receive and check‐in all product and equipment by packing slip and purchase order.
* Process outbound cross‐dock freight as necessary.
* Document all receiving via computer or control log.
* Help direct the workflow in the receiving area, and shipping area by setting priorities and meeting deadlines for the receiving, and shipping function.
* Unload returned totes and returned product from trucks.
* Perform put away of items to storage locations.
* Assure the Replenishment of picking locations.
* Assist purchasing personnel or accounts payable in researching receiving discrepancies.
* Process, pick, pack, and stage customer orders.
* Prepare goods and shipping documents for outgoing shipments.
* Load palletized shipments onto outbound vehicles.
* Ship and log all outbound shipments.
* Keep receiving area, warehouse shelves and aisles clean, organized, and free of hazards and obstructions.
* Maintain cleanliness and organization of warehouse storage areas.
* Maintain effective communication with customers, co‐workers, and other team members.
* Maintain material handling equipment and report any potential problems.
* Advise warehouse supervisor of out‐of‐stock items upon discovery.
* Ensure all shipments are labeled correctly.
* Restock received product into warehouse assigned stocking locations.
* Perform cycle counting as required.
* Meet all department mandated time-frames and deadlines.
* Rotate inventory stock.
* Perform physical inventory counts during semi‐annual inventory.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Follow all safety policies and procedures.
* Practice and adhere to the \\"Code of Conduct\\" philosophy and \\"Mission and Value Statement\\". * Monitor all incoming deliveries
* Ensure that all documentation is filed appropriately
* Ensure all equipment is properly stored, and that receiving, and shipping areas are properly maintained.
* Report all shortage, overage, and miss picks from Vendor to Customer Service via CBL form.
* Assist in OREC clean up.
* Responsible for the operation of the Sipping Desk, including Wave Building, Maintaining Wave Log, printing and separation of orders by facility, and letters, and shipping all waves.
* Work with Warehouse Supervisor to ensure that all Customer Service incoming log requests are processed, and shipped correctly in a timely manner.
* Coordinate all STATS or/ on demand shipping requests.
* Close out the day, by assuring that all waves are shipped, and that the proper end of day report are ran.
* Monitor Staging Area to ensure that all facility orders are staged appropriately.
* Implements and overseas the Quality Assurance (QA) processes.
* Works with Warehouse Supervisor to provide quality reports, and provide feedback to the Warehouse Staff.
* Makes sure all pallets are labeled with the correct letter per Department.
* Handle all weighing and logging process for the Ambulatory Surgical Center orders. * Maintain the Daily Log Sheet per trailer.
* Maintain and oversee the Pick‐up, and deliveries of Beds to and from The Bed Depot.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
* Communication - communicates clearly and concisely
* Customer orientation - establishes and maintains long‐term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
* Interpersonal skills - able to work effectively with other employees, patients and external parties
* Leadership - able to assign tasks to peers and follow up on progress to ensure success. Can provide guidance and/or direction to others, including peers; in some cases with without all clarifying information.
* Problem Solving - can search for and solve root cause of problems (productivity, quality, employee morale, etc…).
* PC skills - demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and others as required
* Policies & Procedures - demonstrates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems
* Basic skills - able to perform basic mathematical calculations, balance and reconcile figures, punctuate properly, spell correctly and transcribe accurately
* Technical skills - able to operate a fork lift vehicle and a motorized pallet jack
* Skilled in the Warehouse Management System (WMS).
* Skilled in the SMART System.
* High School Diploma or GED required
* Three (3) year direct Warehouse experience required
* One (1) year Parallon experience
* Prior computer experience required
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS - Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time. Requires ability to push and pull a variety of carts and material handling equipment. Must be able to climb, stoop, kneel, and reach. Must be able to make substantial movements of the wrists, hands, and fingers. Must be able to hear, see, and communicate through written and verbal means. Requires ability to touch and differentiate textures and temperatures. Must be able to exert up to 75 pounds of force and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 50 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Work is performed inside a warehouse environment that has good ventilation and comfortable temperatures. Staff must remain flexible and available to provide staffing assistance for any/all disaster or emergency situations.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.