Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
Location: NORTH CHARLESTON, South Carolina
Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Charleston
The Unit Secretary is responsible for: - Supporting the functions of the nursing unit by performing primarily clerical duties. - Serving as a resource for patients, families, physicians, staff and visitors who may approach the nursing station. - Coordinating the flow of the unit to enhance the delivery of safe, quality patient care.
Job Code: 100100
License or Certification:
- CPR Preferred
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- One year experience in an inpatient setting functioning as a unit secretary preferred.
- Student in active healthcare program such as nursing preferred
- Alternate experiences in reading and transcription of medical orders preferred.
- Completion of Medical Terminology course preferred.
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds and ability push/pull a minimum of 30 pounds, which includes the lifting, pushing and/or pulling of medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken this exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Ability to withstand prolonged standing and walking.
- Ability to reach, stoop, bend, kneel, and crouch are required for patient care functions and in setting up and monitoring equipment
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 9181 Medcom Street, North Charleston 29406
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 1920918