Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota
The Sales Engineer provides basic pre-sales technical engineering support including sales presentations, product demonstrations, and solution development to maximize revenue, earnings and customer satisfaction. The Sales Engineer also provides a single point of reference with regard to the technical design and specifications for the life of the project, and provides a smooth transition from the sales process into the installation and maintenance phases. Demonstrates products and service value to customers based on customer needs.
* Consult with clients and internal account managers to develop and design integrated solutions from channel partner manufacturers, or other sources. Act as a key point of reference with regard to the technical project design and specifications.
* Provide expert and reliable consultation services relating to product or project implementations, configurations, upgrades, and migrations.
* May deliver, or assist with, customer presentations and/or technical demonstrations on core products/services, advanced applications, and emerging technologies.
* Assist sales force by providing: design and pricing specifications, network drawings, and materials list. Contributes to the effective closing of large sales opportunities. May contribute to Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and Requests for Information (RFIs).
* Ensure technical feasibility and accuracy of each proposed solution within cost guidelines of the project. Provide solution development to maximize reliability/functionality of the proposed offering.
* Good understanding of WLAN requirements is a plus
* Interact with product managers or vendors as necessary to support product improvements (ie compatibility), innovations, and emerging technologies.
* Good communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to communicate technical concepts in a non-technical manner to all levels of client organizations. Able to establish credibility and trust with customers
* Ability to manage ambiguity and complexity well, easily rank priorities and solve issues and problems in a fast-paced environment
* Working knowledge of multiple network and communication integration platforms
* Must be able to work cohesively with other Black Box departments
* Bachelor s degree Engineering or other technical area
* 3-5 years of relevant work experience
* Good writing skills and high level knowledge of Microsoft Excel
* Knowledge of service provider requirements (Verizon, ATT, Sprint, TMO) a plus
* Level II IBwave certification required
What s in it for You*
Black Box Network Services offers a competitive total rewards benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision coverage, in addition to a wide variety of additional benefits like a 401K, life insurance, employee assistance programs, fitness reimbursements, identity theft protection, education/scholarship programs and more!
We understand attracting great talent requires going beyond just competitive compensation and benefits. Black Box provides challenging work that creates advancement opportunities within the organization for those demonstrating desire and aptitude through their achievements. We have no shortage of opportunities. If you are looking for a business that allows for individual reward and growth, we are the place for you!
About Black Box Network Services
Black Box Network Services is a leading technology solutions provider dedicated to helping customers design, deploy and manage their IT infrastructure. We deliver high-value products and services through our global presence and 3,000 team members. Black Box is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with Federal, State and Local laws, Black Box does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status, and endorses those policies and practices which seek to recruit, hire, train and promote the most qualified persons into available jobs.