Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Skokie, Illinois
For over 125 years, OPW has led the way in designing and manufacturing world-class retail fueling, fluid handling and car wash system solutions for the safe and efficient handling and distribution of fuels and critical fluids. OPW makes above ground and below ground products for both conventional, vapor recovery and clean energy applications in the retail and commercial markets. Additionally, OPW supplies loading arms, valves and dry-break couplings, tank truck equipment, rail car valves and equipment, and car wash systems. OPW has manufacturing operations in North America, Europe, Latin America and Asia Pacific, with sales offices around the world. OPW is part of the Dover Corporation, which is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange under \\"DOV\\". To learn more about OPW's 125 years of providing industry-leading solutions, visit our website at www.opwglobal.com.
Dover is a diversified global manufacturer with annual revenues exceeding $7 billion. We deliver innovative equipment and components, specialty systems and support services through four major operating segments: Energy, Engineered Systems, Fluids, and Refrigeration & Food Equipment. Dover combines global scale with operational agility to lead the markets we serve. Recognized for our entrepreneurial approach for over 60 years, our team of over 29,000 employees takes an ownership mindset, collaborating with customers to redefine what's possible. Headquartered in Downers Grove, Illinois, Dover trades on the New York Stock Exchange under \\"DOV.\\" Additional information is available at www.dovercorporation.com.
Under limited supervision, performs repair, modification and preventive maintenance tasks on CNC machinery building, facilities, equipment fixtures and systems. Troubleshoots, repairs and maintains facility plumbing, mechanical and electrical systems.
* Work safely and without injury.
* Troubleshoots, repairs and maintains CNC machinery as well as standard facility systems.
* Performs routine preventative maintenance operations such as maintaining an accurate TPM record, lubrication, cleaning, filter changes, etc.
* Performs routine and complex trouble-shooting and repair of mechanical equipment and systems. (Requires the isolation of the malfunction, disassembly of equipment and repair/replacement of bearings, gears, structural components, etc.)
* Uses standard hand and power tools.
* Assists in the movement of equipment and furniture as needed.
* Responsible for prompt and regular attendance as scheduled.
* May do limited carpentry and painting.
* May be asked to work adjusted shift times to accommodate production needed.
* Participates in team meetings as required (safety, problem-solving, etc.)
* Implements the Quality Policy and Procedures in all aspects of daily duties and responsibilities.
* Performs limited machining operations incidental to repair and maintenance tasks.
* Performs basic troubleshooting and root cause analysis of equipment failures.
* Reviews service requests for repairs and maintenance determines nature of problem and recommends appropriate solution.
* Performs required preventive maintenance actions such as lubrication, cleaning, filter changes, etc.
* Evaluates data to determine equipment performance.
* May be required to work overtime.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
* High school diploma or GED.
* Five or more years of general maintenance mechanic experience.
* Five or more years of troubleshooting and repair of CNC equipment
* Must be knowledgeable in skilled trades.
* Must possess basic reading, writing, and computation skills.
* Ability to continuously improve and learn new skills.
* Must possess good manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
* Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
* Ability to work with minimal supervision.
* Ability to work collaboratively and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers.
* Ability to effectively problem-solve.
* Good communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.
* Ability to read and interpret blueprints and assembly drawings.
* Must have strong knowledge of the practices, tools, equipment, and materials used within the mechanic's trade.
Ability to read, write, verbalize and comprehend instructions and correspondence in English. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations to team members and customers as job duties require. Conflict resolution skills. Good interpersonal skills.
Must have basic computation skills equivalent to education requirement. Higher skills may be required depending on actual job duties.
PHYSICAL AND VISUAL ACTIVITIES:
Standing, walking, sitting, lifting, carrying, balancing, stooping, reaching, handling, feeling, talking, hearing, acuity-far, acuity-near, depth perception and field of vision. See all colors.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is continuously standing, repetitively grasping and repetitively using fine manipulation with the hands. The team member may be frequently required to walk, bend, squat, or twist as well as repetitively push or pull. Individual must be able to work at heights. Will be required to frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
This position is performed in a shop environment. Team members in this position will be exposed to loud operating machinery, cold temperatures, chemicals and vapors. The team member will frequently be required to work outside and at heights. The team member may occasionally be required to work in an office environment.
MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT, SOFTWARE:
Hand and power tools, ladders, lifts, limited computer knowledge etc.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, genetic information, or any other factors prohibited by law..