Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
The position will prepare sweet items, pastries, cakes, ice creams, sorbets, fruit compotes, chocolates and show pieces according to guest orders and banquet event orders in accordance with production requirements and quality standards while maintaining a safe, sanitary work environment.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
* Prepare pastry items according to guest orders of consistent quality following recipe cards, as well as production, portion, and presentation standards; complete mis en place and set-up station for breakfast, lunch, and/or dinner service.
* Start food items that are prepared ahead of time, making sure not prepare beyond estimated needs.
* Operate, maintain and properly clean kitchen equipment, including deep fryer, broiler, stove, steamer, food processor, mixer, slicer, oven, steam table, tilt kettle, waffle iron, and flat top grill.
* Date all food containers and rotate as per policies, making sure that all perishables are kept at proper temperatures; check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation, freezer pull and line set up; note any out-of-stock items or possible shortages; return all food items not used to designated storage areas, being sure to cover/date all perishables; assist in setting up plans and actions to correct any food cost problems; control food waste, loss and usage per policies.
Ideal candidate will have:
* High school education, cooking school or culinary institute education or equivalent experience.
* 3 - 5 years' experience in Banquet/Outlet plating and production
* Basic culinary knowledge is expected for this position. Working knowledge is generally learned on-the-job.
* Ability to operate, maintain and properly clean deep fryer broiler, stove, steamer, food processor, mixer, slicer, oven, steam table, tilt kettle, waffle iron, flat top grill.
* Morning position, must work weekends and holidays
Crescent Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Crescent Hotels & Resorts does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.