Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Splicing of Fiber Optic cable, both loose tube and ribbon fiber assemblies.
- Testing of Fiber networks following contract specifications. (OTDR, Power Meter etc.)
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining project tracking information such as production sheets, time sheets, and customer required paperwork
- Prepare and submit required paperwork
- Ability and willingness to travel occasionally and to work outside of normal business hours to get results
- Complete all phases within labor, material and equipment budgets
- Address all customer comments and concerns
- Monitor productivity, propose corrective action necessary to meet the budgets established by the bid and approved change orders. Keep the Project Supervisor informed as to the progress of the project.
- Understand contractual scope of work for each party and supervise assigned phases of work consistent with contractual obligations of each party.
- Supervise all assigned projects consistent with a “Zero Injury” and a “Zero Utility Hit” safety culture
Essential Education and Qualifications:
- Valid Driver’s License
- Able to read blue prints and accurately interpret job specifications and orders. Ability to use computer/electronic device to monitor production and submit reports and time sheets
- Must have the ability to work and communicate effectively with employees and customers
- Experience in the underground utilities construction industry
- Commercial Drivers License
- Must be physically fit to endure the daily activity involved with the job
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds