Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by CareerBuilder
Location: Williamsport, Pennsylvania
The Trainer will be responsible for performing VRS training, service calls and new installations in their assigned area. They will train new and existing customers on how to use features & the benefits of SVRS usage.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Supply support for the customer base in assigned area. Coordinate with the Sales/Outreach and Marketing groups at educating institutions, customers and organizations as to the benefits of Sorenson VRS. Participate in seminar and training sessions with deaf constituents on using Sorenson services to communicate with hearing constituents. Travel to customers to ensure Sorenson equipment is functioning properly and provide training as requested. Other duties as assigned.
The qualified person for this position will have extensive experience in installing Sorenson VRS equipment, providing customer service and be expert in all types of videophone and network installations including T1, DSL and High Speed Cable Internet. This person must also have excellent written and ASL communication skills. Additionally, this person must:
* Have daily access to own transportation
* Be willing to travel long distances by automobile or airplane and stay overnight.
* Have excellent computer skills and understand the Internet, routers, hubs, switches and how to install them
* Have & maintain personal high speed Internet connection and place of residence
* Must have Sorenson Communications selected as their default provider (with an active Local Number) for VP and mobile devices
* Have understanding of firewalls and be able to work successfully with IT and Network Administrators to open the required ports for Sorenson's equipment
* Be fluent in American Sign Language
Other General Requirements/Additional Notes
* Must be a team player and have a positive attitude.
* Be able to lift 50 pounds and sit for long periods of time
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Sorenson Communications is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled