Posted in Architecture 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Jose, California
Job Req ID: 3395
Supermicro is seeking a Sr./Principal Field Application Engineer (FAE). The role will be responsible for technical sales activities in new and existing opportunities, and to build and maintain a team of FAE's . Team leader will work closely with Sales and Extended Teams to ensure that overall technical design proposals meets customer requirements. The Sr./Principal Field Application Engineer will manage technical teams of engineers and possess in-depth, hands-on experience with Supermicro Server/Storage/Embedded and Switching Products and Solutions, Competitors Products and Services. Additional duties include presenting and demonstrating those solutions/execute POC's to customers and partners.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Includes the following essential duties and responsibilities (other duties may also be assigned):
• Recruits, leads and mentors team of FAE'/s in support of revenue growth at all assigned accounts
• Solution architect and presentation skills to help expand Fortune1000 account penetration and loyalty
• Works closely with the sales and extended teams to map end-user customer business, partner requirements and provide most optimized technical solutions
• Provides technical leadership in Pre-Sales and oversee implementation of such solutions
• Effectively engage with C-level technical customers, gain and maintain trust
• Highly technical problem solver who understands system architecture, hardware and software interaction
• Should possess basic HW debug skills
• Manage and leads product HW and SW engineers during product development
• Manage and leads teams during investigation and resolution of problems in the field
• Has a good understanding of firmware, drivers, OS, Applications and their interaction that can cause system issues
• Develop and review systems solutions, technical bid responses and presentations
• Work cross-department to ensure customer satisfaction and timely resolution of issues
• Ability to build and demonstrate proof-of-concept that meets or exceeds customer business needs
•Ability to present the corporate brand, product messaging and solutions to customers
• Visit on-site facilities and operations to enable solution integration and issue resolution
• Some travel required (up to 25%)
• Bachelors' or Masters' degree in engineering discipline; computer science, computer engineering and electrical engineering preferred
• Excellent communication skills and business sense required
• Minimum 10 to 20 year related experience with Compute/Storage Server or Data Center or IT Infrastructure experience desired
• Strong background and experience with x86-based server architecture
• Solid HW system design and diagnostics skills
• Familiarity with Firmware, Linux, Windows and virtualization platforms is a plus
• Strong technical communication and leadership skills to lead investigations with engineers of multiple disciplines
• Individual must be able to work effectively in a high pressure environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
• Able to sit for long periods of time.
• Able to input data into a computer and work with a computer screen for long periods of time.
• Occasional bending and standing.
• Standing, walking, sitting, talking/listening, crouching or crawling, reaching with hands and arms.
• Lift, carry, push and pull up to 15 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job:
• Primarily works indoors in an office setting with controlled climate conditions
• May be susceptible to outdoor weather conditions (i.e., cold, heat, rain, and/or wind)
Supermicro® (NASDAQ: SMCI) is a Top Tier provider of advanced server, storage, and networking solutions for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/ Big Data, Hyperscale, HPC and IoT/Embedded customers worldwide. We are the #5 fastest growing company among the Silicon Valley Top 50 technology firms. Our unprecedented global expansion has provided us with the opportunity to offer a large number of new positions to the technology community. We seek talented, passionate, and committed engineers, technologists, and business leaders to join us.