Posted in Transportation 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Wichita, Kansas
Position Purpose Principal Accountabilities Relocation will not be provided for this position.
This role will be responsible for managing refrigerated protein routing with an emphasis on the following duties: Truck utilization, reporting, metrics, identifying and applying KPI’s. Will require working with sales, plant operations, scheduling and Traffic Managers in an extended capacity to identify lowest cost, and highest service opportunity daily. Responsible for managing day to day at their origin including ship plans, dynamic routing scenarios, service initiatives, and efficiency efforts.
40% Building Routes and Identifying/Notifying sales/ops team of potential issues
20% Works within defined processes to determine root causes for noncompliance and
recommend changes for improvement
15% Responsible for supporting and executing transportation strategy
10% Increase logistics abilities by creating, implementing or standardizing processes
10% Special projects and other duties as assigned
5% Manage metrics, by maintaining supplier scorecard measures, value measurement tracking and monitoring carrier performance, Identify and implement KPI’s
Relocation will not be provided for this position.
Required Qualifications Preferred Qualifications Success Factors
• Bachelor’s Degree in business, logistics, transportation, supply chain management or a related field OR High School Diploma and 2+ years of Transportation Management or Supply Chain Management experience.
• Experience in Microsoft Office, including Excel
• Master’s Degree in business, logistics, transportation, supply chain management or a related degree
• 5+ years Transportation Management or Supply Chain Management experience
• Experience working in a Transportation Management System
• Experience in Full Truck Load rate structures
• Carrier management experience
• Experience in SAP system or AS400 systems
• Experience with power BI or other reporting systems
• Independent problem solving and effective decision making skills
• Ability to multitask in a fast paced office environment
• Ability to perform under pressure in a fast-paced environment, including sound prioritization, sense of urgency, and multi-tasking
• Effective, clear, and professional communication skills
• Strong client and customer focus
• Expert partnering with businesses to understand strategies/requirements and translating them into priority actions
• Negotiation skills