Posted in Architecture 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: York, Pennsylvania
Ranked #15 on the 2019 ENR list of Top 500 Design Firms, and with more than a hundred offices across North America, the building and construction team provides the architectural, engineering and construction (A/E/C) industry with a full suite of capabilities both in the lab and on site. From testing, inspection and certification services to building sciences solutions, the company delivers Total Quality Assurance to the built environment.
The Simulation Technician, B&C I will support the Building and Construction business by performing thermal computer simulations on a variety of fenestration (windows and doors) products. This is an entry level, hands-on position that requires computer-oriented focus in a team environment. On-the-job training provided and excellent opportunities for growth offered. We’re looking for an individual who can perform tasks with limited supervision while maintaining the highest level of professionalism and integrity all with a keen eye and attention to detail.
· Perform compliant computer simulations following all associated standards and methods
· Self-manage all assigned jobs through internal job network (test dates, invoicing, etc.)
· Analyse test results and write accurate and concise test reports that summarize the test procedures and results
· Communicate with clients regarding scheduling, procedures, and results
· Technical and mechanical competency to understand and communicate test procedures, specifications, and results
· Ability to read and comprehend client provided drawings, specifications and details
· Basic AutoCAD knowledge and functionality
· Physical ability to sit for an extended period of time
· Ability to follow directions and work with minimal supervision
· Excellent customer service skills
· Strong communication skills – both written and oral
· Good computer skills using Microsoft Office Suite, and AutoCAD
· Valid Drivers’ License and acceptable driving record
Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices and over 43,000 people in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification solutions for our customers’ operations and supply chains. Intertek Total Quality Assurance expertise, delivered consistently with precision, pace and passion, enabling our customers to power ahead safely.
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world’s most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.