Posted in Other 28 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Durham, North Carolina
At A Glance:
The Wi-Fi Design Manager is a key contributor to the commercial initiative of quoting, designing, and fulfilling of the Managed LAN extension in the form of 802.11 wireless. This position reports to the Director of Advanced Wifi Operations within the Advanced WiFi Solutions group. There are two selling organizations supported by this role: Spectrum Enterprise as well as Spectrum Community Solutions. The Spectrum Managed Wi-Fi offering is being aggressively sold by, but not limited to these sales verticals: Hospitality, Multi-Dwelling Unit, Healthcare, Sports and Entertainment as well as Government / Education.
What will you be doing?
* Development of a workgroup culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, high performance, key employee retention and development.
* Manage the day to day queue requesting solution generation in support of fully managed networks that solve for customer requirements at any given property type.
* Produces technical documentation and relevant technical best practices for the wireless designers to utilize when designing with approved hardware and software features.
* The position may validate new technology to include studying new technology trends, generating impact statements which can be used to operationalize the new technologies
* Work closely with Spectrum Sales teams to improve the speed to proposal initiatives while maintaining integrity of the solutions proposed.
* Continually train Wireless Engineers on how to utilize the tools and conduct consistent and professional designs. Conduct formal training on how to test with new solutions support training for Airmagnet and other surveying tools and software.
* Develop consistent design documents to reduce the time required to produce quotes.
* Customer facing engagements may be necessary to clearly illustrate the interworking of the product as well as set expectations of performance.
What does it take to get started?
The minimum required qualifications for the Manager of Wireless Design are:
* Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
* Excellent analytical and trouble-shooting skills.
* Excellent organization, multi-tasking, prioritizing, and teamwork skills are a must.
* Ability to work quickly and independently in highly stressful situations.
* Ability to consistently produce high quality, on-time, and error-free results in an interrupt-driven environment.
* Ability to interpret site equipment layout, cabling diagrams, electrical plans and building diagrams.
* Track and prioritize multiple issues simultaneously.
* Knowledge of wireless network architectures
* Must be self-motivated, highly organized and detailed with great follow-through.
* Expertise and demonstrated experience with TCP/IP.
* Expertise and demonstrated experience in data transport networks.
* Experience with telecommunication and ISP services for commercial customers required
* In-depth knowledge of network environments (LAN, WAN, etc.)
* In-depth knowledge of managed internet services such as firewalls, VPN architectures and 802.11 wireless.
* Knowledge of Cisco routing and switching products a must
* Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to work with internal and external customers.
Bachelor s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
CCNA or any Cisco relevant certifications
Related Work Experience
Management experience 2-5 years
Related Experience 5+ years
Applicant must have the ability sit for long periods
This position will require the ability to work both inside and outside of the facility.
On-call responsibilities may be required.
Less than 10% travel can be expected.
The Spectrum brand is powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, current unemployment status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Charter Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability
Charter Communications will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable laws, including local ordinances.