Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: McMinnville, Oregon
Requisition ID: 39526
Business Unit: MPC Oregon (MPC Oregon)
OR, United States, 97128
Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
The Senior Buyer uses expertise for a range of purchasing activities, including pricing and negotiating with suppliers to reach highest quality at best value. Performs complex purchasing activities, while ensuring procurement procedures are in compliance with government laws, regulations and management objectives.
Job Core Responsibilities
* Performs complex purchasing activities including pricing, volume discounts, negotiating terms and long-term contracts with suppliers, and delivery of goodsservices
* Negotiates best terms (price, delivery, and payment terms) with suppliers, while maintaining efficient output of purchase orders, to reach highest quality at best value
* Establishes source selection criteria for evaluation of quotations including target pricing
* Evaluates quotations received from prospective suppliers and makes decisions regarding award of purchase orders
* Implements formal and legal contractual documentation into the purchase orders, encompassing all corporate and government requirements
* Resolves discrepancies between purchase order requirements and supplier performance
* Ensures compliance to government laws, regulations and procurement policies and procedures
* Identifies problem areas, initiates corrective action and establishes problem resolution dates in a timely manner
* Maintains current and accurate purchase order data in the purchasing system (e.g. delivery dates, pricing, change orders)
* Other responsibilities as assigned
* Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance
* Regular, consistent and punctual attendance is required. May need to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and additional hours as necessary
Education : Post-secondary degree or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations
Years Experience : 5 - 7 years of relevant experience
* Knowledge of the principles and practices of Procurement in aerospace/manufacturing environment
* Demonstrated ability to write specifications, prepare bid documents, handle bidding process and analyze all bid results
* Strong experience negotiating license contracts with a track record of success
* Solves complex problems and exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal), with ability to drive tasks to completion
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and database management tools
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-474-7665 or HRISon@meggitt.com.