Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: McMinnville, Oregon
Join our team! As a global leader in providing title insurance, settlement services and risk solutions for real estate transactions, First American Title Insurance Company (NYSE: FAF) is an ideal place to build your career. We have been entrusted with helping our customers achieve and protect their dream of homeownership since 1889. First American Title s Direct division provides comprehensive title insurance protection and professional settlement services for real estate purchases, refinances and equity loans.We believe that our people are the key to the company s continued success. Because our employees enable our future, we invest in theirs by supporting their careers and promoting their overall wellbeing. First American has created an award-winning culture and has been named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For 2018 list for the third consecutive year and to more than 50 regional Best Places to Work lists. For more information, visit www.firstam.com.
Do you have a knack for helping others and strong attention to detail? First American is embarking on an exciting new Seasonal hiring journey! We are looking for individuals that share our passion to help others on a seasonal basis during APRIL THROUGH SEPTEMBER to accommodate our peak season.
Seasonal employees work up to 6 months out of a year in a rewarding and supportive environment and have 6 months off to recharge for the next season!
Whether you are semi-retired, a stay at home parent, have time off from your other job or would just enjoy having flexibility to enjoy life AND want a fulfilling career with a company that values YOU First American is the place for you! When you complete your first season, we will be anxious to see you again for the next! Don t miss out on being part of one of Fortune s 10 Best Workplaces in Insurance!
Greet and direct visitors in office. Operate multi-line telephone system to answer incoming calls and directs callers to appropriate personnel.
* Retrieves messages from voice mail and forwards to appropriate personnel.
* Answers incoming telephone calls, determines purpose of callers, and forwards calls to appropriate personnel or department; takes and delivers messages or transfers calls to voice mail when appropriate personnel are unavailable.
* Answers questions about organization and provides callers with address, directions, and other information; welcomes on-site visitors, determines nature of business, and announces visitors to appropriate personnel.
* Monitors visitor access and issues passes when required, updates appointment calendars, prepares travel vouchers, takes payments for services and products.
* Receives, sorts, and routes mail, and maintains and routes publications; maintains fax machines, assists users, sends faxes, and retrieves and routes incoming faxes; Creates and prints fax cover sheets, memos, correspondence, reports, and other documents when necessary.
* Orders, receives, and maintains office supplies.
* Performs other clerical duties as needed, such as filing, photocopying, and collating.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS/TECHNOLOGY USED
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
* Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
* Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
* Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service ; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
* Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings. Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
* Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed; Recognizes accomplishments of other team members.
* Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
* High School diploma or equivalent
TYPICAL RANGE OF EXPERIENCE
* 1- 2 years related experience
First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out firstam.com/careers..