Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: New Iberia, Louisiana
WHY JOIN NEWPARK?
One of Newpark's Core Values is Excellence. It means we are committed to delivering value through performance, innovation and service quality and that commitment starts with YOU! Newpark is a place where you can challenge yourself in new and exciting ways and work in an environment that supports and values you. Here at Newpark we are committed to finding, developing, retaining, and rewarding the very best and providing an environment where our employees can grow both professionally and personally.
WHO WE ARE
Newpark was founded in 1932 as a mining company in Park City, Utah and is now headquartered in The Woodlands,TX. We have grown into a global Technology leader in not only the oil and gas market but many others as well. We are focused in 3 areas that include Fluids Systems, Mats & Integrated Services, and Industrial Minerals. We have a footprint in over 20 countries throughout North and South America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific and we employ over 2,000 employees.
WHAT WE DO
Newpark is changing the paradigm in the industries we serve, developing new ways to help customers drive operating efficiencies while working in harmony with the environment and improving community relations.
Newpark Fluids Systems provides value-added fluids solutions, products, and services to thousands of wells around the world.
Excalibar Minerals is a quality processor and supplier of industrial minerals. Our main advantage over competitors is our ability to offer direct import capabilities to key geographic regions we work in.
Newpark Mats & Integrated Services provides leading edge matting solutions and worksite construction services to diverse industry segments around the globe.
WHAT WE VALUE
We maintain an unwavering commitment to act in accordance with our Core Values of Integrity, Respect, Excellence, and Accountability which ensure our customers receive the best products and services we can offer and that you experience a safe workplace where you can thrive:
Integrity - Acting honestly, ethically, and responsibly in all aspects of our business.
Respect - Dealing fairly and openly with employees, customers, suppliers and community.
Excellence - Delivering value through performance, innovation and service quality.
Accountability - Using good judgment and taking responsibility for our actions.
Essential Functions 1. Operate all Newpark proprietary fluid systems safely, with proficiency, and maintain the fluid within defined specifications. Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair drilling fluid situations globally by recognizing drilling problems and proposing the proper solutions. 2. Formulate decisions on drilling practices to improve operational efficiency and prevent operational problems, e.g. potential mud losses, trip speeds, mud weight considerations. Develop best practices for fluid systems and technologies in the field. Make recommendations and adjustments to fluid programs and procedures with customers, onsite.
3. Interface with rig contractor, operator and other service companies to improve efficiencies in drilling operations. Represent the Company and the Operator's best interests through accurate, professional, effective, in-depth interaction with pertinent personnel by demonstrating current industry level of expertise.
4. Make recommendations of solids control equipment, e.g. centrifuge operations, correct base fluid additions, screen size, and how to utilize equipment to save costs. Assist in the efficient operation of the solids control equipment.
5. Orchestrate and lead non-standard operations related to fluid issues; e.g. receiving liquid mud transfers, setting up bulk tanks, receiving and setting of frac tanks, designing and performing displacements, spotting fluids and/or set up of solids control equipment, cuttings transfer, waste removal.
6. Provide technical expertise concerning a broad array of unplanned events at the well site, e.g. lost circulation, borehole stability, well control, stuck pipe, unconsolidated sands, gumbo, CO2. Responsible for advising the operator to resolve any problems which occur at the drilling site and remaining onsite until the problem is resolved, e.g. lost circulation, gas kicks, chemical contamination.
7. Create global mud programs with technical managers by providing guidance and expertise for mud program solutions in global basins from a drilling rig and regional perspective. Create new and unique operating procedures from standard analysis interpretation. Conduct lab testing, rig and plant evaluations, etc. as assigned.
8. Provides technical expertise and accompany sales representatives in customer presentations and in promoting new Technology to rig site or office-based customers.
9. Mentor and train Drilling Fluids Specialists. Provide direction and technical guidance to liquid mud facility personnel (testing, supervision, inspection of vessels, etc.).
10. Advise all rig personnel on the safe handling of company's products and supply information on toxicity of drilling fluid products. Analyze compliance data to ensure correct reporting. Lead safety meetings.
11. Generate and maintain accurate and timely drilling fluid reports and records using Company applications and software, e.g. Mud Reports, Materials Concentration Forms, Liquid Mud Reconciliation, Drilling Fluids Recaps.
12. Order, maintain and return accurate stocks of drilling fluids products. Reconcile drilling fluids product usage with warehouse supplies. Develop contingency plans if needed to correct inventory shortages.
13. Ensure well is ready for billing at rig release, e.g. reconciling inventory, ensuring tickets completed, signed and submitted.
14. Other duties and projects as assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements High School Diploma or educational equivalent. 8 years experience. Expert knowledge of drilling fluids operations. Expert understanding of down hole tools and functional relationship to fluid properties and products. Expert knowledge of solids control equipment, screens and fluid relationships to Drilling Waste Management processes. Able to complete reports using applicable software applications. Ability to work in a global environment on an as needed basis. Functional computer skills, expert knowledge of cost and inventory accounting and logistics management, demonstrates effective problem solving skills. Ability to interpret results without support from office based staff. Ability to design fluid displacements or other fluid related procedures. Position Summary Provides onsite services to the operator by measuring, testing, and supervising the running of fluid mixing and pumping, including technical analysis and specific recommendations for controlling fluid properties. Serves as the lead drilling fluids specialist at a customer rig site which may support sales representatives in customer presentations and promoting new Technology to rig site or office based clients; reconciles product usage with warehouse supplies. Trains entry level drilling fluids specialists. Makes recommendations to customers regarding fluid programs . How To Apply Register to create an account then search for the vacancy. Click Apply to complete your application online.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Newpark and its affiliates do not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, sexual orientation, disability, military service/veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status. For more information on Equal Employment Opportunity, please click here .
Newpark Resources, Inc. is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. Applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact the Manager, HR Governance & Compliance at HRcompliance@newpark.com .