Posted in Nonprofit - Social Services 27 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Davenport, Iowa
Family Resources takes great pride in our Night Youth Service Worker employees! The role of a Night Youth Service Worker at Family Resources is responsible for providing the safety and supervision of the youth throughout their sleep hours. Upon ensuring that youth’s needs are met, the Night Youth Service Worker will be responsible for cleaning and upkeep of the program facility. This position is also responsible for the supervision of morning routines, meal prep, and readiness for the school day. The Night Youth Service Worker utilizes approved behavior management techniques to maintain program safety and stability; completes assigned documentation and tracking; maintains medication distribution assignment; all other assigned to support services.
10:00 pm to 6:00 am weekdays and weekends
Starting pay varies depending on education and experience
40 hours position
Comprehensive Benefits Offer
This position is located in Davenport, Iowa
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides consistent, individualized reinforcement to youth behavior, using shift feedback to teach and reinforce adaptive behaviors.
• Utilizes Trauma Informed Care techniques when working with youth.
• Strategically utilize and provide consistent identified individualized behavior management and de-escalation plans.
• Knows the population and is aware of the individualized treatment plan
• Establishes a therapeutic relationship with the youth based on trust & respect.
• Evaluates the impact of behavioral, group treatment, and life-space interventions and provides direction/feedback.
• Assures consistent, ongoing, and timely provision for basic youth needs.
• Follows medication management guidelines.
• Effectively participates in the team to review case progress and provide the best programming
• Provide ongoing supervision of residents by ensuring visual check guidelines are followed (complete room checks a minimum of every 15 minutes or more frequently as the needs of youth may require until midnight.
• Complete all necessary documentation as required and where appropriate.
• Ensure facilities are clean and well maintained. Tasks include but are not limited to the following: sweep and mop floors, dust, clean offices, collect and remove waste, clean refrigerators/cupboards, clean restrooms and replenish supplies, and wash walls/windows.
• Respect the environmental, emotional and physical needs of youth to support a nurturing and restful night
Must be at least 21 years of age and possess a high school diploma or GED to qualify for this position.
Additional requirements include:
• Ability to remain awake and alert during a scheduled shift.
• Possess a valid driver’s license, proof of valid vehicle insurance and appropriate drivers record.
• Must pass criminal and child abuse checks. Must be punctual and reliable
Seeking candidates that are entry level who would like to gain experience and confidence to candidates with experience and college degrees.
Bilingual and/or bi-cultural applicants are highly encouraged to apply.
About Family Resources
At Family Resources, we believe in strengthening children, families, and individuals in our community - it's the passion that permeates everything we do. Family Resources has grown to become one of the state's largest agencies devoted to child welfare, juvenile justice, mental health, and survivor services. We recognize that these children, families, and individuals come to us from a variety of circumstances, which makes it important for us to reach them where they are right now.
Family Resources offers a comprehensive benefits package, excellent wages, and opportunities for growth & advancement!
Equal Opportunity Employer that thrives on Diversity!