Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Ontario, California
Spectrum Reach (www.spectrumreach.com) is the advertising sales division of Charter Communications, Inc. Driven by data, we offer customized, advanced advertising solutions utilizing national and local cable networks, Digital advertising and promotional events supported by marketing, research and award-winning creative services.
The Local Sales Manager will build and direct a cohesive team of Advertising Account Executives, develop market approach plans, create, communicate and execute sales plans and other market initiatives to meet and exceed expected revenue goals. The team of Advertising Account Executives are responsible for developing, servicing and maintaining a base of local clients and/or agencies purchasing advertising on our 300+ cable TV channels, and our digital audience network of online and mobile websites.
Essential Position Functions:
* Manages staff of Advertising Account Executives and is responsible for activities associated with the following; hiring, evaluating performance, developing sales skills, and discipline.
* Manage the local market territory to proactively identify and address key accounts and growth opportunities.
* Coach Account Executives to develop and increase advertising revenue.
* Coordinate with Account Planners and Digital Sales Specialists on strategy.
* Provide training, development and coaching of Account Executives on sales techniques, account planning, account management, quantitative and qualitative research tools, and cultivation of key accounts and growth industries.
* Evaluate effectiveness of sales strategies and implements changes as needed.
* Create and maintain a winning sales and professional office environment
* Assist GM, Media Sales with establishing local revenue and sales goals as well as with implementation of sales projections and budgets for the sales staff.
* Work in conjunction with GM, Media Sales to maximize pricing, sponsorships, promotions and inventory utilization.
* Conduct verbal presentations in-person to advertising agencies and potential clients regarding advertising opportunities with Spectrum Reach
* Monitor bad debt and collection of local accounts, payment schedules.
* Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication and presentation skills
* Ability to manage personnel, follow and implement procedures, commercial production and working knowledge of mathematical analytics.
* Maintain a high level of professionalism in the community, with clients, and staff.
* Continuously work to expand knowledge of advertising in Centers of Excellence, and Specialty categories.
* Develop strategic programs and execute them.
* Utilize available research to create proposals and sales collateral.
* Three or more years management experience in Cable, TV broadcast, Radio (or other media), Business to Business sales are required.
Education and Experience:
A Bachelor s or Master s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience; a minimum of five years work experience in advertising sales.
Willingness and ability to travel as required up to 20%.
Driving is a requirement for this position. Must possess and maintain a valid Driver s License and safe driving record.
The Spectrum brand is powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, current unemployment status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Charter Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability
Charter Communications will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable laws, including local ordinances.