Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: MAITLAND, Florida
Join our Agency team! First American Title's Agency Division is dedicated to providing our policy-issuing agents with resources, services and underwriting guidance needed to achieve new levels of success. As a global leader in providing title insurance, settlement services and risk solutions, First American has been entrusted to protect homeownership since 1889. Don t miss this opportunity to join the Agency team and build your career at First American Title Insurance Company (NYSE: FAF). We believe that our people are the key to the company s continued success. Because our employees enable our future, we invest in theirs by supporting their careers and promoting their overall wellbeing. First American has created an award-winning culture and has been named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For 2018 list for the third consecutive year and to more than 50 regional Best Places to Work lists. For more information, visit www.firstam.com
Performs clerical tasks to support timely escrow closings and title recordings. Conducts title research to compile chain of title. Creates title files and prepares endorsements and supplemental documents. Investigates and interprets tax records in order to determine tax liability. Creates title files, documenting all research. Provides customer service to customers and field escrow offices. This position will have both title search and title examination tasks. Looking for an entry level Title Examiner.
* Interprets and acts on instructions from customers and title officers.
* Searches title plant records compiling chain of title.
* Uses research to create and maintain files, records and reports.
* Audits calculations and legal documents for accuracy.
* Communicates recording information and prepares legal property documents such as endorsements and supplemental.
* Examines and interprets tax and assessment reports, follows title practice regarding the issuance of title commitments, policies, endorsements and guarantees, and property price endorsements.
* Communicates professionally with all customers.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS/TECHNOLOGY USED
* Familiarity with several office software packages to include word processing, spreadsheets, databases, graphics and desktop publishing applications
* Excellent verbal/written communication skills
* Must be able to maintain professionalism and a positive service attitude at all times
* Strong detail orientation
* High School diploma or equivalent
* Some college preferred
TYPICAL RANGE OF EXPERIENCE
* 2+ years title industry experience; commercial title experience a plus
* Title Examination and searching experience strongly preferred
First American invests in its employee s development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out firstam.com/careers..