Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: No Weekends
SARAH CANNON is the research arm of HCA's global cancer enterprise. Focused on advancing therapies for patients, it is one of the world's leading clinical research organizations conducting community-based clinical trials in oncology, cardiology and orthopedics through affiliations with a network of more than 1,000 physicians across the United States and United Kingdom.
We believe our success is dependent on a healthy work environment where you are the core of advancing therapies and accelerating drug development. We apply the same compassion and commitment we have for our patients to our co-workers and colleagues and promote an entrepreneurial culture.
WE OFFER YOU A GENEROUS COMPENSATION PACKAGE INCLUDING: PAID TIME OFF, 401K, MEDICAL, DENTAL VISION AND LIFE INSURANCE.
SUMMARY OF YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Oncology Research Nurse's primary responsibility is to screen, enroll and follow oncology research study subjects ensuring protocol compliance and close monitoring while the subjects are on study. You are responsible for all data collection, source documentation and submission of adverse experience reports.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties include but are not limited to:
* Supports enrolling patients onto clinical trials through recruitment, screening, enrollment and follow up of eligible subjects.
* Ensures the protection of study patients by timely adherence to protocol requirements/compliance
* Attends weekly study status teleconference and monthly staff meetings.
* Maintains patient confidentiality according to ethical and legal requirements.
* Is familiar with the protocols on which the patients are enrolled, screen, treat, and follow patients
* Reviews the study design and inclusion/exclusion criteria with physician and patient.
* Complete and document screening/eligibility and consent accurately and have all parties fully execute the document including HIPAA Authorization
* Complete the inclusion/exclusion form and standard enrollment form accurately and assess the patient and document findings at each clinic visit while on protocol
* Document all specific tools required by the protocol (i.e. oral medication forms, pill count diaries, quality of life questionnaires, neuro exams, vital signs sheets, times of PK draws, etc.)
* Screen every new patient or patient returning to office with scan results and document appropriately on the patient tracking logs
* Complete the study medication order form and have the physician or nurse practitioner sign orders prior to treatment and ensure that all medications, including antiemetics, are approved by the registrar prior to initiating treatment or when changing medication regimens, such as crossover studies
* Accurately calculate and the BSA, creatinine clearance, urine protein:creatinine ratio or any other conversions needed per protocol
* Document any interaction regarding the patient that occurs while the patient is enrolled on a protocol, including follow-up and survival (this includes home health intervention, pharmacies, study managers, physicians, and clinic personnel)
* Ensure that follow-up appointments, scans, or any related procedures are scheduled correctly according to protocol requirements
* Inform, document and notify appropriate SCRI personnel when patient comes off study and accurately complete all data and query requests and submit with source documentation specified by the study manager.
* Obtain completed and signed waivers prior to submitting forms to enrollment coordinator for investigator-initiated protocols and re-consent patients in a timely manner and document process appropriately
* Accurately completes and submits follow-up SAE report to the Safety Department within the timeframe allotted by the Regulatory Department.
YOU SHOULD HAVE:
* Knowledge of medical and oncology research terminology and of federal regulations, good clinical practices (GCP).
* Skills in communication with patients and physicians.
* Ability to communicate and work effectively with a diverse team of professionals.
* Ability to work with minimal direction at offsite facilities.
You have obtained an Associate of Nursing Degree; Bachelor of Nursing is preferred.
Your experience should include
* Clinical nursing experience
* Clinical research experience is preferred
* Oncology nurse experience is preferred
DO YOU WANT TO BE A PART OF A TEAM WORKING TOGETHER TO FIGHT CANCER?
WE ARE SO EXCITED TO SPEAK WITH YOU ABOUT THIS PHENOMENAL OPPORTUNITY. APPLY TO HEAR MORE.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.