Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina
ABOUT PLEXUS ENGINEERING SOLUTIONS
Plexus engineers serve as the product design and engineering engine for leading companies, across major industries.
Through our diverse range of product and technology solutions Plexus engineers impact lives throughout the globe. We deliver innovative solutions throughout the entire product lifecycle, from early concept development to manufacturing and beyond.
Supporting a large breadth and variety of products, Plexus engineers work in a fast-paced, high variety, technically challenging environment that provides intense technical and leadership development. Passionate about customers, our teams have an industry-leading record of technical achievement.
At Plexus, you will maximize the impact of your engineering and leadership talent.
Learn more about how Plexus Engineering Solutions can elevate your career through our video: https://vimeo.com/151433264
ABOUT THE RALEIGH DESIGN CENTER
Located near the heart of one of the nation s leading technology hubs, the Raleigh Design Center s 70 engineers and designers serve customers in the Eastern United States with high-end talent drawn from leading national universities and the rich Triangle area talent pool. Our engineers form a close-knit, elite team with 18 years of history providing leading companies high quality, innovative designs. Featuring a modern, southern feel with a family-friendly culture amid the beautiful scenery of Eastern North Carolina, the Raleigh-Durham area is only hours from world famous beaches and the Appalachian Mountains. JOB OVERVIEW: Systems Administrators design, implement, and sustain information technology solutions to support the business. Areas of responsibility can include, but are not limited to, site support, CAD application administration, and software deployment.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Systems Administrators design, implement, and sustain information technology solutions to support the Plexus Engineering Solutions business and the Raleigh Design Center. Areas of responsibility can include, but are not limited to, Site support, CAD application administration, and software deployment.
KEY JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES:
* Follows established change management policies and procedures to test and implement system updates, modifications, and/or deletions.
* Monitor system health and provide visibility to evolving trends, issues, etc. in area of expertise. Perform system patching, updates as required. Support departmental strategy.
* Leverage metrics and experience to drive improvement into process and solutions within span of control. Drive root cause analysis and corrective actions.
* Manages problem tickets and provide customers with timely feedback on status. Provide assistance with issue escalation and resolution.
* Alignment with and adherence to global IT policies and standards.
ADDITIONAL JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES
* Demonstrate a high level of customer service and support, insuring internal customer satisfaction and maximizing billable time.
* Demonstrate ability to analyze technology issues. Apply standard procedures and documented techniques to resolve issues in an efficient and timely manner.
* Communicate project issues and status accurately and in a timely manner to team leaders, project managers, and directly to the customer as appropriate.
* Participate in the research and creation of new technologies for use by the general user population.
* Demonstrate proficiency at creating automated systems to remove the need for repetitive user and or administrative procedures.
* Lead the creation of documentation to enable future support and corrective resolution for newly discovered root cause and systemic issues.
* Ensure consistent loading of software packages, operating systems and specialized packages through established processes.
* Ensure that inventories and assets are tracked and managed.
* When necessary, assist with activities related to adds, moves and changes to office cubicles, computers and phones.
* Demonstrate and employ lean sigma thinking, concepts, and tools.
* Actively participate and collaborate with peers within the global IT organization.
* Participate in performance reviews to ensure employees continuous improvement and growth.
* Effectively perform and log the execution of routine system maintenance. Ensure maximum uptime by scheduling activities around the business process and key periods of required system uptime.
* Lead or participate in continuous improvement activities.
* Lead or participate in global IT projects.
* Demonstrate ability to follow established procedures; with the ability to recognize and act on the occasional need for deviation from accepted practice in order to resolve a problem.
* Engage with, and manage the interaction of, vendors performing contract service, support, and preventative maintenance.
* Occasional travel may be required to meet the needs of the business (estimated.
Our Values and How We Lead behaviors guide our processes. Plexus does not make employment decisions based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and encourage all to apply today!