Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Addison, Texas
PURPOSE OF JOB
We are currently seeking talented Anti-Money Laundering Compliance Investigator I for our Tampa, FL (Commerce Park), Phoenix, AZ or Addison, TX facility.
Performs a variety of investigative functions to assist the Enterprise with compliance of the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), USA PATRIOT Act, and other AML program requirements. Responsible for investigating transactional data to prevent and report money laundering, terrorist financing (ML/TF), and other illicit activities. Independently performs moderately complex to complex work assignments and provides problem resolution. Participates in the development and implementation of team initiatives as a team resource. Provides AML training to other AML units on the various AML typologies.
* Utilizes an AML case management tool and other internal software-driven systems to monitor, research, analyze and investigate trends related to member transactional activity. Serves as a resource to less experienced team members and may provide guidance.
* Utilizes financial product, system, and process knowledge in all lines of business to detect and analyze ML/TF activities.
* Demonstrates knowledge of complex AML processes, LOB products, and services.
* Conducts moderately complex to highly complex AML investigations of suspected or known criminal activity which include acts of ML/TF directed at USAA and its members.
* Prepares regulatory reporting associated to moderately complex to highly complex cases in compliance with BSA/AML procedures and FinCEN guidance.
* Conducts investigations in response to law enforcement (LE) requests.
* Based on transactional analysis, conducts interviews of members to detect ML/TF patterns and trends in support of the investigative process. Performs thorough analysis of evidence; assesses veracity of information compiled to include documentary materials, and results of interviews to develop investigative conclusions.
* Applies strong knowledge of BSA, AML, OFAC, and other AML regulatory guidelines.
* Acts as a BSA and AML subject matter expert to identify investigative process opportunities, respond to inquiries from internal business partners and provide content for various AML training initiatives.
* Keeps abreast of new rules, regulations and reputational risks to assist in the development, implementation and revision of current policies and procedures.
* Provides AML Detection assistance with the validation/testing of current alert scenarios. Identifies and recommends potential solutions that monitor, detect or prevent ML/TF activities.
* May provide advice or guidance to the Enterprise regarding AML/BSA related regulatory requirements or risks.
* May assist law enforcement and line of businesses (LOB) in interpreting AML suspicious activity regarding USAA s products.
* Organizes investigative results, obtains and preserves evidence and presents findings.
* Upon request from LE, the investigator may provide case supporting documentation for possible prosecution and if necessary, may provide testimony in criminal and civil proceedings.
* Participates in complex AML related projects and work initiatives to provide advice.
* Bachelor's Degree OR 4 years experience in addition to the minimum number of years of experience required can be used to substituted in lieu of a degree.
* 4 or more years relevant analytical, investigative or direct industry work experience
* Knowledge of Bank Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act and OFAC Requirements
* Strong investigative and analytical skills
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
* ACAMS and CFE certified
* Advanced Degree
* 4+ years of Anti-Money Laundering analysis and investigative experience
* Demonstrated communication and presentation skills
* Working knowledge of all MS products
* Ability to work independently and accurately prioritize workload with minimal supervision
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
RELOCATION assistance is NOT AVAILABLE for this position.
FOR INTERNAL CANDIDATES:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager s approval prior to posting.
LAST DAY FOR INTERNAL CANDIDATESTO APPLY TO THE OPENING IS 02/20/19 BY 11:59 PM CST TIME..
USAA is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here. For USAA s Affirmative Action and EEO statement, please click here. Furthermore, USAA makes hiring decisions compliant with the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance (LAMC 189.00).
USAA provides equal opportunity to qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please email HumanResources@usaa.com or call 1-800-210-USAA and select option 3 for assistance.