Posted in Information Technology 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Perrysburg, Ohio
Our high growth and leadership position in the renewable energy business offers outstanding opportunities to individuals seeking an exciting work environment in one of the most important industries for the 21st century. First Solar is a leader in the development and manufacturing of thin film solar modules used in grid-connected solar power plants, as well as a provider of complete solar generation solutions for U.S. utilities. Our culture is one where teamwork, continuous improvement, achievement of results, and environmental responsibility are core values. We are seeking new associates who are motivated to contribute their talents to making cost-effective solar energy an important part of the world’s energy mix.
Primary Job Functions:
We’re changing the world. Let us start with yours.
First Solar’s information technology (IT) department seeks candidates who believe in our mission of providing cost-advantaged solar technology through innovation, customer engagement, industry leadership and operational excellence.
At First Solar, the IT organization is an innovation driver, continuously finding new ways to improve and automate processes that connect people and technology. They are the foundation of every business function, enabling the company to efficiently scale and make data-driven decisions to further our mission. People are IT’s most important asset, and this incredibly talented team supports our manufacturing systems, business applications, productivity tools, hardware, networks, and information security.
The IT organization seeks individuals who enjoy contributing to an innovative, fast-paced, forward-thinking team. They should be effective problem solvers, data driven, results oriented, and motivated to improve processes that help First Solar lead the world’s sustainable energy future.
Basic Job Functions: Hands-on network engineer to support global network infrastructure including firewalls, switches, routers, load balancers (LAN/WAN), proxy services, WAN acceleration, SSL VPN, wireless, monitoring and IPS technology.
• Minimum 3 years of related work experience
• Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field or equivalent years of work experience
• Ability to work in a high pressure, fast paced environment
• Knowledge of business environments and MIS alignment with critical business functions
• Knowledge and understanding of services desk ticket system such as Remedy
• Critical thinking and problem solving skills
• Ability to define/document and ensure compliance of IT SOX policies and procedures
• Familiarity with resource management and project management. Ability to manage multiple project and resource requirements
• ITIL experience
• Knowledge of Cisco IOS Software
• Create, modify and keep network documentation with an emphasis on detail
• Evaluate, diagnose and troubleshoot hardware/software issues.
• Network monitoring systems (SNMP)
• Wired and wireless infrastructure (802.11 family) systems
• AAA technologies such as ACS and Radius
• MPLS and Internet circuits across the globe
• NAC technologies
• Cisco Telephony, VoIP and Video solutions
• Cisco QoS
• Routing protocols (EIGRP and BGP)
• Palo Alto Firewalls
• Packet-level debugging using tools such as Wireshark
• Link Aggregation
• Fiber channel for SAN access
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
• Applies and maintains specific security controls as required by organizational policy and local risk assessments to maintain confidentiality, integrity and availability of business information systems and to enhance resilience to unauthorized access. Contributes to vulnerability assessments. Recognizes when an IT network/system has been attacked internally, by a remote host, or by malicious code, such as virus, worm or Trojan etc., or when a breach of security has occurred. Takes immediate action to limit damage, according to the organization’s security policy, which may include escalation to next level, and records the incident and action taken. Demonstrates effective communication of security issues to business managers and others. Performs basic risk assessments for small information systems.
• Maintains knowledge of specific technical specialisms provides detailed advice regarding their application and executes specialized tasks. The specialism can be any area of information or communication technology, technique, method, product or application area.
• Maintains awareness of opportunities provided by new technology to address challenges or to enable new ways of working. Within own sphere of influence, works to further organizational goals, by the use of emerging technologies and products. Contributes to briefings and presentations about their relevance and potential value to the organization.
• Installs or removes hardware and/or software, using supplied installation instructions and tools including, where appropriate, handover to the client. Conducts tests, corrects malfunctions, and documents results in accordance with agreed procedures. Reports details of all hardware/software items that have been installed and removed so that configuration management records can be updated. Provides assistance to users in a professional manner following agreed procedures for further help or escalation. Maintains accurate records of user requests, contact details and outcomes. Contributes to the development of installation procedures and standards.
• Monitors service component capacity and initiates actions to resolve any shortfalls according to agreed procedures. Applies techniques to modify demand for a particular resource or service.
• Contributes to the availability management process and its operation and performs defined availability management tasks. Analyses service and component availability, reliability, maintainability and serviceability. Ensures that services and components meet and continue to meet all of their agreed performance targets and service levels. Implements arrangements for disaster recovery and documents recovery procedures. Conducts testing of recovery procedures.
• Monitors service delivery performance metrics and liaises with managers and customers to ensure that service level agreements are not breached without the stakeholders being given the opportunity of planning for deterioration in service.
• Develops, documents and implements changes based on requests for change. Applies change control procedures.
• Uses the tools and techniques for specific areas of release and deployment activities. Administers the recording of activities, logging of results and documents technical activity undertaken. May carry out early life support activities such as providing support advice to initial users.
• Reviews system software updates and identifies those that merit action. Tailors system software to maximize hardware functionality. Installs and tests new versions of system software. Investigates and coordinates the resolution of potential and actual service problems. Prepares and maintains operational documentation for system software. Advises on the correct and effective use of system software.
• Investigates identified security breaches in accordance with established procedures and recommends any required actions. Assists users in defining their access rights and privileges, and administers logical access controls and security systems. Maintains security records and documentation.
• Identifies and resolves issues with applications, following agreed procedures. Uses application management software and tools to collect agreed performance statistics. Carries out agreed applications maintenance tasks.
• Initiates and monitors actions to investigate and resolve problems in systems and services. Assists with the implementation of agreed remedies and preventative measures.
• Collects and collates evidence as part of a formally conducted and planned review of activities, processes, products or services. Examines records as part of specified testing strategies for evidence of compliance with management directives, or the identification of abnormal occurrences.
Please note: potential candidates will meet the education and experience requirements provided on the above job description and excel in completing the listed responsibilities for this role. All candidates receiving an offer of employment must successfully complete a background check, pre-employment drug screen, and any other test that may be required for the role.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement: First Solar Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.