Posted in Architecture 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Perrysburg, Ohio
Our high growth and leadership position in the renewable energy business offers outstanding opportunities to individuals seeking an exciting work environment in one of the most important industries for the 21st century. First Solar is a leader in the development and manufacturing of thin film solar modules used in grid-connected solar power plants, as well as a provider of complete solar generation solutions for U.S. utilities. Our culture is one where teamwork, continuous improvement, achievement of results, and environmental responsibility are core values. We are seeking new associates who are motivated to contribute their talents to making cost-effective solar energy an important part of the world’s energy mix.
Primary Job Functions:
We’re changing the world. Let us start with yours.
First Solar’s manufacturing operations seeks candidates who believe in our mission of providing cost-advantaged solar technology through innovation, customer engagement, industry leadership and operational excellence. First Solar’s manufacturing team works together to continuously improve product performance and yield, equipment performance and cost reduction in the manufacturing plants. They are responsible for operating equipment used in the manufacturing of First Solar’s photovoltaic solar modules. They conduct shop floor activities necessary to maintain safety, quality and throughput of all aspects of the module manufacturing operation.
The manufacturing team looks for individuals who enjoy contributing to an innovative, forward-thinking team, are effective problem solvers, safety oriented and continuously look for ways to improve processes to help us lead the world’s sustainable energy future.
Basic Job Functions:
Assist in the installation and qualification of manufacturing equipment, troubleshoot day-to-day manufacturing issues, identify and/or implement system improvements that contribute to the achievement of throughput, yield and product performance goals. Position will have responsibility for Submodule and Laser toolsets.
Education & Experience:
• High School Diploma or equivalent with 1 year experience as First Solar Manufacturing Engineering Technician I or 3 years First Solar Technical experience or 10 years Technical experience in a Manufacturing setting or
• Associate’s degree in a technical discipline with at least 1 year as First Solar Manufacturing Engineering Technician I or 2 years First Solar Technical Experience or at least 3 years technical experience in a Manufacturing setting or
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline with 0-2 year technical experience in a Manufacturing setting
• Safety first mindset.
• Demonstrated proficiency in troubleshooting and problem solving on the manufacturing line
• Demonstrated proficiency in electrical/electronic and mechanical systems
• Demonstrated proficiency in responding to SPC alarms to bring processes back in control
• Self-directed, ability to work with minimal supervision
• Able to apply statistical tools to analyze data and provide conclusions
• Good written and oral communications skills in English
• Ability to deal with administrative as well as technical tasks
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
• Solve day-to-day production, equipment, and process problems
• Identify and implement yield and product performance improvements. Develop methods to assign causes to yield excursions
• Set up and maintain gauges
• Ensure all processes are running on target as defined by the Process Control Plan
• Respond to SPC process control alarms, bringing processes back into control
• Execute planned process experiments, collect and analyze data and report experimental results
• Collect data relating to daily tool performance and associated product performance
• Provide training to production associates
• Develop and update internal documentation including drawings, standard operating procedures, and process specifications
• Interface with internal associates and supplier representatives, as required, to complete assigned projects
• Develop a complete understanding of area processes, equipment, and support systems
• Provide training to production associates
• Maintain effective communication with production associates and manufacturing engineers
• Disposition non-conforming product according to established criteria (NCP)
• Adhere to all safety procedures and good housekeeping standards
• Ensure waste materials are discarded in their designated containers
• Ensure hazardous waste containers stay closed except when adding or removing waste
• Ensure satellite accumulation containers stay in their designated locations
• Will sit, stand or walk short distances for up to 12 hours per day
• Will climb stairs on an occasional basis
• Will exert up to 50 pounds of force to lift, push or pull on a seldom basis
• Will lift, push or pull up to 27 pounds on a frequent basis
• Required to use hands to grasp, lift, handle, carry or feel objects repetitively on a frequent basis
• 20/40 vision in each eye, with or without correction, is required
• Must be able to comply with all safety standards and procedures
• May reach above shoulder heights and below the waist on a frequent basis
• May stoop, kneel, or bend, on an occasional basis
• Ability to wear personal protective equipment is required (including but not limited to; steel toed shoes, gloves, safety glasses, hearing protection, protective jacket or apron and arm guards)
• All associates working on the production floor may be required to wear a respirator at any given time and thus, the ability to wear a respirator is a condition of employment and continued employment (requires little or no facial hair)
Please note: potential candidates will meet the education and experience requirements provided on the above job description and excel in completing the listed responsibilities for this role. All candidates receiving an offer of employment must successfully complete a background check, pre-employment drug screen, and any other test that may be required for the role.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement: First Solar Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.