Posted in Art 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Center Valley, Pennsylvania
The Hearst Enthusiast Group—Bicycling, Popular Mechanics, and Runner’s World—is seeking an assistant special projects editor. This person will assist the special projects editor in the origination, planning, creation, editing, and distribution of strategically driven content projects and programs across all digital channels of our three brands, as well as (when strategically advantageous) the coordination with and the creation of related content for the print version of each brand. Driven by—and ultimately informing and driving—the group’s goals and analytics, and working closely with the Enthusiast Group’s editorial director, director of content strategy, and chief enthusiasts, the assistant special projects editor will focus primarily on content efforts such as licensing initiatives, awards, or other series, concentrating on those with high return ratios (monetization, engagement, acclaim) and those that deliver long-term, renewing rewards across all brands. The ideal candidate combines an editing and writing background with experience as a metrics-driven digital editor. The role is based in the Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania. NOTE: For consideration, resumes must be submitted in PDF format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work.
• Under direction of the special projects editor, originate, plan, publish, and distribute project- and program-based content in line with performance metrics
• Work with search, membership, affiliate, social, and other departments to establish, understand, and execute against continually changing content performance metrics
• Keep abreast of relevant breaking trends, influencers, key personalities, and opportunities for collaboration within the subject areas of our three brands
* 2 to 3 years of professional experience in editing, writing, or content creation and distribution, preferably with an editorial website
• Budget- and metrics-driven personality
• Able to manage feedback from multiple parties and deal with fast-changing priorities
• Able to execute multiple projects well while meeting tight deadlines
• Able to work flexible hours as needed