Posted in Architecture 1 day ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Addison, Texas
Position Overview: The OM II will assure that Pike Engineering is increasing market share and market penetration in their assigned geographic division through continual customer service and secondary marketing. The OM II is charged with driving quality, consistency and continuous improvement across the organization in an effort to exceed customer expectations and maintain the highest level of customer satisfaction. The OM II is accountable for the financial performance and overall operational excellence of their assigned profit center(s). This position will be expected to provide oversight to the professional engineer in charge and manage project teams as well as a group of subordinates. This position will also significant client interface responsibilities and will be expected to provide project management input. Incumbent will typically be assigned multiple profit centers and work groups of up to 100 employees.
Duties & Responsibilities: The incumbent’s major responsibilities are the following:
• Energetically support the organization’s vision and strategy and demonstrate initiative and personal accountability to meet work demands according to the highest standard.
• Exhibit the highest day to day standards and demonstrate the highest level of business ethics and consistently adheres to and promotes key values and principles in all transactions.
• Market services for staff augmentation and engineering services to existing clients or solid prospects within the assigned geographic division according to the direction provided by corporate management.
• Communicates regularly with the clients’ management to assure that the employees of Pike Engineering under their area of responsibility are all productive and responsive to the needs of the client(s).
• Drive operational excellence across the organization that will result in improved business operations, increased technical competence and superior client satisfaction.
• Execute corporate and strategic initiatives with assigned profit center or work groups.
• Provide exceptional leadership to accomplish the strategic goals and objectives of the company.
• Lead the recruiting process by identifying possible candidates and/or networking possibilities which can lead to additional employees Maintain strong employee retention through effective interpersonal contact and with fair and equitable administration of company policies and procedures.
• Manage and be accountable for the financial performance (profit/loss) of assigned profit centers. Responsibilities include the accuracy of all invoices and payables, WIP calculations, determination of appropriate pay rates and contract bill rates as well as review of monthly DVPC financial statements for accuracy and completeness.
• Suspend, and/or terminate the employment of subordinates according to corporate guidelines. The incumbent shall complete employee evaluations for all direct reports in accordance with company guidelines, and have oversight and approve evaluations completed by the next level of management.
• Investigate of all accidents (vehicular or personal injury) and claims (property damage, workers compensation, unemployment, etc.) within the assigned division, in accordance with company guidelines.
• Enhance UCS’s position with clients, suppliers, trade allies and partners through participation in various activities which will increase contact and rapport with these entities. This may include selected charity events, trade organizations, and meetings/conferences. The incumbent is encouraged to keep up with local, regional, national, and international news and to be aware of the continuing developments which could impact our business.
• Maintain company equipment and resources assigned to him/her and will monitor the condition and use of equipment and resources assigned to Pike Engineering employees in the incumbent’s area of responsibility.
• Four year degree in Business or Engineering from an ABET accredited (preferred)four year college or an equivalent amount of education and experience is required.
• Experience designing facilities for an electric utility, communications utility or non-regulated entities is highly desired including communications, distribution, transmission and substation facilities.
• Three to five years supervisory experience.
• Demonstrated business acumen is a must.
Skills, Abilities and Knowledge:
• Excellent organizational and planning skill
• Demonstrated skills in verbal/written communications
• Demonstrated negotiating and decision making skill
• Demonstrated management and business skills
• Demonstrated skills in providing leadership, motivation, vision, and direction
• High energy level with the ability to work in a fast paced, ambiguous environment
• Proven success in developing and maintaining customer relationships
• High commitment to achieving goals and plans
• Knowledge of work governed by the NESC as well as the NEC, and be familiar with applicable codes and work rules applying to this scope.
• Proficient with common utility calculations and capable of analyzing complex technical problems.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see, talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to fingers, handle to feel; and reach with hands and arms.
While performing this job, the noise level in the work environment is : Moderate Noise (Examples: business office with typewriters, and or computer printer, light traffic) Other Skills/Abilities • Self-Motivated • Work independently • Team-Oriented • Customer Oriented • Able to manage multiple tasks and provide leadership to other team members.
Pike Engineering- Equal opportunity Employer
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.