Posted in Art 2 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan
Hearst Autos and Hearst digital media needs your help creating the future of digital journalism. We are seeking a designer with a background in user experience and visual design for web products to join our team.
At Hearst Autos and Hearst Magazines Digital Media you'll join a diverse, supportive community of designers who love creating new experiences in digital media. You will get to work on small, cross-discipline teams using agile methods with a focus on experimentation and a user-centered, design thinking-based approach to product design.
Our ideal candidate:
• Values empathy
• Possesses strong communication skills
• Enjoys teamwork and collaborative design practices
• Loves to design content experiences for digital products
• Wants the freedom to explore new tools and ideas
• Welcomes mentorship and seeks new skills
• Flourishes in fast-paced publishing environments
• 2+ years designing for web or mobile products
• Hands-on knowledge of CSS
• Some experience with SCSS, design systems, Git workflows, and responsive design principles
• A expert eye for visual design
• Portfolio of live digital work showcasing your skill and approach
• Knowledge of React Js
• Automotive Enthusiasm