Posted in Art 4 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Manchester, New Hampshire
Saint Anselm College, a private, liberal arts college in the Benedictine tradition, is seeking a full-time, year-round Assistant Director, Communications. Working within the Office of College Communications and Marketing (CCM), the Assistant Director will report to the Director of Content Strategy in a highly collaborative environment, supporting the production of a high volume of marketing assets.
The Assistant Director, Communications will act as a central point of contact for assigned projects as they flow through CCM, monitoring the flow of materials between campus partners, CCM and external vendors and troubleshooting problems to make sure projects remain on schedule and meet established deadlines. College Advancement (CA) and Alumni Relations will be key campus partners for this role and the Assistant Director will work collaboratively with those offices to coordinate and execute strategies and communications for all areas of fundraising and engagement including the college’s current Faith in the Future capital campaign, creating content and managing key logistical elements of projects.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Work with campus partners and key CCM team members to compose and manage project timelines and resource plans, and communicates job details to all parties involved - internal and external - including vendors.
• Participate in Traffic / Project Management meetings to discuss / evaluate current projects.
• Collaborate with Creative Services to resource projects.
• Drive projects using established digital workflow tools (Basecamp).
• Act as a ‘process champion’ - reinforces the use of appropriate agency process and workflow with the internal team. Coordinate cross-functional kick-off meetings.
• Report on progress of projects underway.
• Manage campus partner expectations regarding schedules, resources, cost, etc.
• Coordinate with vendors and freelancers.
• Identify any potential roadblocks and/or challenges to project completion.
• Act as custodian of project records and reports, such as lessons learned, meeting minutes, and budget reporting.
• Traffic and manage approvals of all creative deliverables.
• Ensure all projects are delivered on time and on budget.
• Responsible for following up projects for samples for file archives.
• Assist in the creation of event remarks for the College President, Senior Vice President of College Advancement, College trustees, and others as needed.
• Collaborate with Advancement Communications and Annual Giving and manage the appeals process (including the creation of themes/messages).
• Create and modify fact sheets and other communications materials to support College Advancement priorities and other college projects as prioritized or as necessary.
• Research and write philanthropy-focused and alumni-related stories and articles for dissemination via various college and alumni outlets.
• Work with Advancement Communications on campaign collateral as well as other major print publications and integrated campaigns.
Electronic Communications/Social Media
• Write e-communications text including website and e-newsletter content.
• Provide communications support for GiveCampus electronic fundraising campaigns.
• Manage Alumni social media.
• Maintain & refresh Advancement web pages, including the capital campaign website.
Quality Assurance and Data Analysis
• Proofreading & copy editing for quality assurance.
• Work with Advancement Communications to track and analyze communications metrics.
Performs other related and administrative duties as assigned or requested. Occasional evening and weekend work as required.
The qualified candidate will have an excellent working knowledge of the higher education advancement field and a minimum of three years of related work experience in an agency, development office, higher education or non-profit setting.
Also required are:
• A Bachelor's Degree;
• Attention to detail with exceptional writing, editing, and communication skills. Ability to produce Web-optimized content and move content from concept to implementation with little editorial oversight;
• Strong project management skills: ability to work independently, establish priorities, work within deadlines and organize effectively;
• Experience using project management platform and project management tools used for task/time/resource management;
• Creative, team-oriented, and client-focused. Highly motivated self-starter with ability to take initiative, troubleshoot and use good judgment related to web and social content;
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team and to build relationships with campus partners and subject matter experts;
• The ability to assist in the achievement of College Advancement communication goals by identifying target audiences and appropriate outlets and delivery modes to support all campaign and fundraising-related initiatives;
• Excellent organizational and time-management skills and the ability to multitask and meet tight deadlines;
• Clear communication skills;
• Keen attention to detail and strong commitment to ensuring accuracy.
• Critical thinking, good judgment, attention to detail and knowledge of the College, Alumni Relations, Advancement, and their goals;
• Basic proficiency in Photoshop and familiarity with InDesign. Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel;
• Facility in the use of digital and social media, with an emphasis on its use for philanthropic marketing, stewardship and communications
• Excellent writing skills, creativity, and the ability to find a new angle or a compelling story;
• Flexibility and a sense of humor.
Successful candidates will be able to assist the college to further its strategic goals for institution-wide diversity and inclusiveness.