Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Baytown, Texas
The Nuclear Medicine Technologist I completes a variety of routine nuclear medicine procedures of moderate complexity. Provides direct assistance to physicians with all diagnostic / special procedures. Delivers exceptional patient care and adheres to radiation standards and guidelines established by radiology agencies to ensure optimal patient safety and customer service. The Technologist is a member of the direct patient care team. Note: some duties and responsibilities may not be applicable or expected to a lesser degree for PRN status employees; evidenced with an * at the end of the item.
PATIENT AGE GROUP SERVED
Neonate (Birth to 28 days) - Mature Adult (65 years and older)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Promotes a positive work environment and contributes to a dynamic, team focused work unit that actively helps one other to achieve optimal department results. Collaborates with all members of the patient care team by actively communicating and reporting pertinent patient care information and data in a comprehensive manner. EF
* Performs Nuclear Medicine procedures. Nuclear Medicine is a modality of radiology that uses radioactive substances. EF
* Provides care for the physical needs of patients by executing various nuclear medicine concepts to maximize performance. This includes: positioning, physiology, procedure preparation, and technical factors. Modifies technical factors to achieve desired imaging results and recognizes complications / limitations associated with certain procedures. Proactively identifies how to address these for optimum outcomes. EF
* Provides direct assistance to physicians during diagnostic or special procedures, including assisting with sterile technique.
* Follows radiation safety standards and conducts all imaging procedures accordingly. Properly utilizes patient radiation protection and immobilization during diagnostic procedures. Maintains proper sterile techniques for procedures, regularly practices aseptic techniques, and ensures compliance with infection control procedures. Complies with job, departmental and hospital safety standards, practices and policies. EF
* Reports near misses and inputs errors promptly into PSN to improve processes and identify trends. Contributes to identification of corrective actions and improvement activities, and contributes to meeting departmental and hospital targets for quality and safety.
* Ensures all imaging equipment has had QC performed as required and is in safe working order prior to use. Reports any malfunctions to management and regularly practices preventive maintenance procedures; calls for service if needed. EF
* Provides accurate and complete documentation of patient procedures. Enters charges at the time service is delivered. EF
* Uses resources efficiently; does not waste supplies. Self-motivated to independently manage time effectively and prioritize daily tasks.
* Participates in departmental projects and shared governance activities*.
* Seeks opportunities to expand learning beyond baseline competencies with a focus on continual development as a Technologist.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive; the employee will also perform other reasonably related business/job duties as assigned. Houston Methodist reserves the right to revise job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
Graduate of an American Medical Association (AMA) approved Radiology Technology Program
0 years, with one year experience as a Nuclear Medicine Technologist highly preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
American Registry of Radiologic Technologist in Nuclear Medicine (ARRT (NM)) or Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification (NMTCB)
Registration as a Medical Radiologic Technologist (MRT-GC) thru the Texas Medical Board
American Heart Association BLS
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
* Demonstrates the skills and competencies necessary to safely perform the assigned job, determined through on-going skills and competency assessments
* Possesses basic computer knowledge; operates multiple computer systems to include, Hospital / Radiology Information Systems and Office software to maintain patient and exam documents.
* Exhibits strong interpersonal and team player skills with all levels of the healthcare team and assures delivery of excellent customer service to all patients, visitors, physicians and co-workers.
* Adapts to multiple ongoing priorities with minimal supervision including, organizing work flow and actively participating in problem-solving.
* Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language necessary to perform the essential functions of this job, especially with regard to activities impacting patient or employee safety or security.
* Ability to effectively communicate with patients, physicians, family members and co-workers in a manner consistent with a customer service focus and application of positive language principles.
Activity Checklist attached (see below)
Includes office, patient care units, and invasive procedure areas.
May include exposure to hazardous chemicals, blood borne pathogens and radiation.
Adherence to universal precautions is required.
Extended periods of standing and walking are required.
Able to flex hours and work other shifts to meet needs related to unanticipated acuity; meet operational needs.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Houston Methodist Baytown Hospital, located 35 miles southeast of Houston, is the area's only full-service hospital offering specialized medical care for patients at every stage in life. This 392 licensed bed hospital with 18 operating rooms, and over 1,400 employees, brings Medical Center excellence and quality care close to East Harris and surrounding counties. APPLY.