Responsible for underwriting and evaluating complex credit requests within the Wealth Management unit of Northern Trust,including personal, commercial, and real estate credit exposures. Partners with bankers and relationship managers in underwriting and preparing loan memoranda for new loans, renewals, restructures, and amendments within policy guidelines.
Researches and analyzes pertinent financial statements of individuals, businesses, and other entities.
Assists and coaches less experienced financial analysts.
1. Evaluates and underwrites complex credit requests across disciplines including personal, commercial, and commercial real estate across a range of domestic geographies.
2. Partners with Bankers, Relationship Managers and other internal clients through financial/credit analysis and identification of risk factors. Adds value to ultimate client relationship by providing timely response and quality underwriting in coordination with client needs.
3. Partners with other Financial Analysts and Team Leader to meet proscribed standards of underwriting quality, client service, and productivity.
4. Spreads, researches, and analyzes pertinent financial statements and tax returns related to personal, commercial, and real estate entities. Evaluates an entity's stability, aptitude of management, and creditworthiness where appropriate. Prepares and presents written credit memoranda for credit approval.
5. Compiles all necessary client prepared information and completes client financial statement spreadsheets and projections of client's financial condition.
6. Recommends appropriate structure, pricing and covenants on credit facilities.
7. Provides coaching and assistance to less experienced analysts. May serve as a subject matter expert in training and continuing education environments.
8. Completes special projects as required.
Minimum of 5 years in personal, commercial, or commercial real estate financial analysis.
Completion of formal bank credit training program.
Knowledge of finance and accounting usually acquired through formal education or experience is required to analyze and evaluate financial statements and tax returns.
Knowledge of applicable industry laws and regulations, usually acquired through prior experience is required to review credit risk.
Analytical and communication skills.are required to determine credit risk and to prepare credit presentations.
Personal computer skills are required to prepare financial spreadsheets.
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 18,500 employees globally. We serve the world's most-sophisticated clients - from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
As of December 31, 2018, Northern Trust Corporation had:
$10.1 trillion in assets under custody/administration