Northern Trust is a Chicago-based bank with more than 20 international locations and 16,500 employees. From sovereign wealth funds to the wealthiest individuals and families, the world's most sophisticated clients rely on Northern Trust every day.
Northern Trust works with many investment management firms and client investment managers in order to achieve growth and long-term goals for clients. This requires consistent and reliable insight into domestic trade communication and settlement issues, international trade communication and settlement issues, and foreign exchange execution.
That's where we need you.
As a Client Services Representative at Northern Trust, you'll work with a knowledgeable and supportive team to become the primary contact for investment management firms and client investment managers on the above matters.
Major Duties of the Client Services Representative include, but are not limited to:
• Act as the primary contact for investment management firms and client investment managers
○ On matters such as domestic and/or international trade communication and settlement issues relating to client accounts held at the Bank
• Take responsibility for daily cash management of multiple currencies for international portfolios
○ Determine appropriate cash management action to take
○ Initiate foreign exchange and call account activity for client accounts
• Coordinate daily with investment managers regarding client account activities
○ Informing managers of any exceptions and proposed steps for resolutions
• Identify service efficiency enhancements, process improvements, and service delivery using creative and proactive measures
• Research and resolve process inquiries and preparing correcting entries (including reversals and rejects) • Balance some use of initiative with the referral of more complex problems to supervisors and internal experts
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Analytical and problem-solving skills
• Organizational skills to manage conflicting priorities and multitask functions in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work effectively as a team member while remaining independent and self-driven • Ability to stay knowledgeable and work towards proficiency in all aspects of the job
• Basic securities industry knowledge • Related industry qualification (or studying towards one)
Required Experience • A college or university degree and/or some relevant work experience is preferred