Job Description: Consultant, Account Manager - Business Process Management, Hedge Fund Services
The Sr. Consultant will be responsible for oversight of account administration activities for HFS clients as well as developing and tracking key metrics for the business. Subject matter expertise is beneficial.
1. Define, develop and track key metrics for the business. Examples include metrics on cross sell results, new and lost business and outstanding accounts receivable.
2. Assist with the account administration for HFS custody and fund admin clients; including account opening and closing, AML/KYC, completion of required mail forms/direction letters, review and approval of fee invoices.
3. Assist Relationship Managers with specific projects as needed (ex. Data aggregation, basic research, boxed position maintenance, DDQ requests, and Board reports).
4. Operate independently and have in-depth knowledge of business unit, specific area of expertise and strong knowledge in other areas.
5. As subject area expert, provide comprehensive, in-depth consulting and leadership to team and partners at a high technical level
8. Represent segment/group as appropriate on various business unit and C&IS initiatives
9. Responsible for accurate tracking of opportunities in ERM or other tool
10. Maintain BCP plans, participate in planning and update as needed (across all US locations)
11. Interact with various operations areas to improve processes, oversee software installations, and research processing problems or resolve client inquiries.
Knowledge / Skills:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
- In-depth Functional / Industry Knowledge is required
- Highly flexible and adaptable to change
A College or University degree and/or relevant proven work experience is required.
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 18,500 employees globally. We serve the world's most-sophisticated clients - from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
As of December 31, 2018, Northern Trust Corporation had:
$10.1 trillion in assets under custody/administration